Comme Comme a/w 05/06

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any of this anywhere yet? Runner have you seen any of it. I am really keen to see pics.

Thanks for any help!

Bump! I feel lonelyon this wee thread.

Here's the comme comme jacket I bought this week. Sparkly!!

Attachments

• Picture087.jpg
    Picture087.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 41
oh!!...
that is SUPER CUTE helena!!!...:bounce:

i'm so loving your nice big pics so i can see all the lovely sparkly details!!!...
:heart:!!

what's with the bottom bows?...are they uneven?...
is the bottom edge raw?...

Helena, what is the fabric? I'm wondering if it is the same washed polyester that some of the homme plus and evergreen jackets for men were made with this season. You are a lucky lady to have such a nice jacket.

Thanks Softgrey. Yes the bows are uneven and there is a raw thread at the sides of each bow. It's sort of like there has been a "wound" in the jacket, and the bows are like flowers spilling out instead of blood!
Haruki, it is exactly the same fabric (polyester) as the one used for the homme plus range (not Evergreen though). It is thick and diagonally ribbed slightly. THank you too for the regards.

it's twill helena...
like denim but out of polyester...
and then washed...and probably heat set to put in the wrinkles...
because technically...polyester doesn't wrinkle...

:flower:

that is a lovely description...
are you sure you're not part of the new gothic club??...
that was very darkly poetic...
:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that softgrey....i once knew someone who was truly gothic and it scared the life out of me.....

helena said:
Bump! I feel lonelyon this wee thread.

Here's the comme comme jacket I bought this week. Sparkly!!

this is so cute :woot: :heart:

Oh that lovely lovely, Helena.
Sparkling bows:-) I thought they were sequin:-)

Helena, just wanted to add... I’m shamed to say I didn’t really look at this collection...Did you purchase this jacket at CdG store? I glanced at this wing of the shop but was scared away by the shirt coll :wink: Did you see other interesting Comme Comme things? Thanks :flower:

nr9dream....some of it was nice - the colours are predoninantly black, navy & a bright purple. There are some polyester short dresses that are very sporty and various jakets like mine - some with exaggerated tails and others in the shape of jean jackets. There was a rack of CDG CDG tracksuits which I didn't like the colours of....and some black wool coats. Its mixed up with the tricot line which has some nice simple knits and some coloured crochet stuff (which I didn't like). Oh yes, and some skirts in the same fabric as my jacket - some with sequins down the outsides and others without (all quite long and voluminous). I tried on two black dresses - one with fabric ut into breast shapes (like your TAo top) and the other was an apron dress which had a mille-feuille type skirt (it was nice as you ould wear the 'top' part of the apron down and twisted around the waist - and it looked good like that). I think that was it..... apart from some bags which I didn't like (Comme bags are never very good imo).

Oh...I forgot - some super cute patent repetto dancing shoes....which were really £££$$$$!!!

yes..i like the repetto shoes as well...
and that first dress you describe helena is the one that i mentioned liking awhile back in the universe of comme thread...

it;s nice...but not AMAZING...right?...

aaaha - yes RIGHT.....I think it was the skirt part of it that I found slightly dull - too long & pencilly. It could have been more interesting had it had a pleat or some volume I think. I liked the fabric it was made from though. It seemed very substantial.

yes...
it was fairly conservative for a comme collection overall this season i think...no?
or maybe it's always like that ...?

btw...they mix it with tricot in the nyc store as well...

yes I agree, I was much more taken with the spring colletion..... it was more fun I think. But it had some great basics.

softgrey said:
yes...
it was fairly conservative for a comme collection overall this season i think...no?
or maybe it's always like that ...?

btw...they mix it with tricot in the nyc store as well...

Whaaat?! I loved it! :D I already chewed Helena's ear off about the washed leather jacket and the crumpled trenchcoat.

But in general, CDG CDG is supposed to be on the conservative side, no? I think it's the idea behind the line. Sort of like cool workwear...

i think that is what it is this season...
conservative workwear...

but last season it was more fun...as helena said...
and more casual...
there were pleated skirts and coat dresses...etc...
i wanted everything last season...

Thank you for all the details :flower: The dresses & sequined items sound nice - I should have taken a closer look...

I agree that the bags are not so covetable...I love the idea of velvet with appliqués but imho these were a bit tacky looking :(

helena said:
nr9dream....some of it was nice - the colours are predoninantly black, navy & a bright purple. There are some polyester short dresses that are very sporty and various jakets like mine - some with exaggerated tails and others in the shape of jean jackets. There was a rack of CDG CDG tracksuits which I didn't like the colours of....and some black wool coats. Its mixed up with the tricot line which has some nice simple knits and some coloured crochet stuff (which I didn't like). Oh yes, and some skirts in the same fabric as my jacket - some with sequins down the outsides and others without (all quite long and voluminous). I tried on two black dresses - one with fabric ut into breast shapes (like your TAo top) and the other was an apron dress which had a mille-feuille type skirt (it was nice as you ould wear the 'top' part of the apron down and twisted around the waist - and it looked good like that). I think that was it..... apart from some bags which I didn't like (Comme bags are never very good imo).

Oh...I forgot - some super cute patent repetto dancing shoes....which were really £££$$$$!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->