Comme des Garçons F/W 2024.25 Paris

Very nice. So her, yet finally feels slightly different. Sexier than usual. I wish the hair was a bit different, feels like I’ve seen this before many times on her shows.

Guys she's 81 lol. I'll be on autopilot and delivering doodles if I feel like it at that age. She proved herself as a designer and transformed fashion decades ago and she still represents independence and non-conformism because.. we can complain all we want about pieces like the ones above and how many times we've seen it and how useless it all is, but it is still not jeans, a trench coat, rain boots and a white t-shirt, it's still not a sweatshirt that says 'mom's least favorite' or some click-bait s*it , and definitely not Nicole Kidman making a surprise appearance in the casting. In all its safety, stillness and absolute lack of interest to challenge anything (because she doesn't have to and is kind of way past the sunset of life) or even pay any attention to the industry, this somehow still defies what we understand as clothes, what monopolies like Kering and LVMH push over and over as "fashion design" and what we should get used to seeing in the one event that in principle should take clothing DESIGN further than what we see in the mundane world and nurture it.

Both Yohji and Rei are, unlike most designers, true artists and have dived into different stages of life with very firm, almost stubborn stances on how to explore their creativity. She's been on this admittedly annoying one for over a decade now, annoying because we're not invited to play 🤣.. personally, I think it's her last one, it's not changing.. it's self-indulgent but she can 100% afford it and it's a total luxury in this time and age.. she could have retired or let someone else take over but then it wouldn't be that consistent with her career... ending not giving a f*ck is being true to her work and beliefs and imo, a privilege to witness.. cause there isn't much time left of this and her (and Yohji for that matter).

Comme des Garçons is as decadent and creatively bankrupt as Yves Saint Laurent was in the 90s, if not more.
Long ago, she said, she would no longer show on the catwalk a similar silhouette that she had already created. That's why her current proposals are not quite fucktional.

I've heard from someone working for DSM/CDG that she's getting blind.

I've heard from someone working for DSM/CDG that she's getting blind.
sad but not surprising given her age.. ear, vision, it's all affected..

.. that said, I always take these insider bits with a pinch of salt until I know exactly who shared that... like where in the pyramid this person lands, SAs always provide the most yellow press type of information because that's how badly they want to be in a position of confidentiality (and little do they know- if they were, they wouldn't be sharing personal/medical information EVER). Maybe Rei is going blind, or maybe Rei's never been able to see s*it and has used glasses since age 13 and someone spotted her without them.. we don't know.

Giorgio Armani, Rei Kawakubo and Yohji san are the three that we can ask for nothing more than hoping their health is still good enough to still be present at fashion weeks every season. At that age, you don't have to prove a damn thing anymore, just do what you've always done best, just being "effortless"

Reactions: Meh
A few years back...when Rei presented one of the first collections similar to this one...she quoted...." I wasn't thinking about clothes when making the collection. All of us already have clothing that we can wear. When I was making the collection...I was thinking about moving beyond the boundaries of clothes and wearability. IMHO ..that HAS to be one of THE most profound statements a fashion designer could ever make. Cuz I mean??...all fashion designers are typically thinking about clothing and wearability in every collection they present. But as far as Rei is concerned...wearability and practicality isn't always something she takes into consideration. Her outlook is more about the creative process...raising questions...and not giving us much info about what she puts forth. I'm pretty certain that Rei is aware that many of her collections and what she proposes... isn't going to gain her plenty of profit. Bluntly saying....she isn't all about making money and profit margins...unlike most of her contemporaries within the fashion industry.

And...as far as being redundant...or repetitive...I think Rei earned the right to copy herself....regardless of her age. As we all know about CDG...there is always a common thread that can be seen...from one collection to another. She also harks back to her archival collections from her past...to present something kinda similar....to present something a bit new.

Guys she's 81 lol. I'll be on autopilot and delivering doodles if I feel like it at that age. She proved herself as a designer and transformed fashion decades ago and she still represents independence and non-conformism because.. we can complain all we want about pieces like the ones above and how many times we've seen it and how useless it all is, but it is still not jeans, a trench coat, rain boots and a white t-shirt, it's still not a sweatshirt that says 'mom's least favorite' or some click-bait s*it , and definitely not Nicole Kidman making a surprise appearance in the casting. In all its safety, stillness and absolute lack of interest to challenge anything (because she doesn't have to and is kind of way past the sunset of life) or even pay any attention to the industry, this somehow still defies what we understand as clothes, what monopolies like Kering and LVMH push over and over as "fashion design" and what we should get used to seeing in the one event that in principle should take clothing DESIGN further than what we see in the mundane world and nurture it.

Both Yohji and Rei are, unlike most designers, true artists and have dived into different stages of life with very firm, almost stubborn stances on how to explore their creativity. She's been on this admittedly annoying one for over a decade now, annoying because we're not invited to play 🤣.. personally, I think it's her last one, it's not changing.. it's self-indulgent but she can 100% afford it and it's a total luxury in this time and age.. she could have retired or let someone else take over but then it wouldn't be that consistent with her career... ending not giving a f*ck is being true to her work and beliefs and imo, a privilege to witness.. cause there isn't much time left of this and her (and Yohji for that matter).
You're the type of person I would love to sit and chat with ...about fashion. And it doesn't matter if we both agree or disagree. Honestly...it's always YOUR posts that I'm always anxious to read...whenever I sign on. Everything you say and point out...is a total JOY to read!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChameenVT
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->