Comme des Garçons COUTURE

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Maybe this should go in CDG World but I thought I'd post as it's really interesting news.

Comme des Garçons Pearls
Designed by Rei Kawakubo, Comme des Garçon's first real jewellery collection called "COUTURE" featuring handpicked pearls of the finest quality from the South Seas and Akoya.

pearls.jpg

*http://www.doverstreetmarket.com

hmm...i could almost bring myself to wear pearls if they look like this...:P
middle's my fave...

most interesting...
thank you scott...

^indeed. i'd wear those myself. the composition is in typical Kawakubo fashion...completely unordinary with that big chain-link. really cool.

Sorry to be the voice of dissent but I really don't like these. I don't find them that 'original' to be honest, I think there is so much more she could have done with them. And the big chain just makes me think of the bad chain and pearls you see at Claire's. I'll pass.

Interesting, middle one my favorite. However i'm feeling a little bit of a formula in the creation process.

ooh they are beautiful. i would like to have all of them

i agree with Meg
as much as i think comme des garcon's clothes are wonderful...these arent
even though i do quite like the middle one..i cant bring my self to wanting to pay big bucks for it..it's really nothing new and fantastic..even if the perals are the finest
i can make something like that if i have the right materials :lol:
and i dont get the name...sounds very off

for some reason, i just don't see these pearls from rei; pearls to me are luxurious and classy but her clothes and designs in general are more avante-garde and breakthrough imo (not to say that her clothes have no luxury nor class).

seeing how these pearls are handpicked from the seas and not farmed, they must be quite expensive:ninja:

I'm not big on pearls, but the middle is nice. The one on the right is okay, too... don't like the one on left at all.

I've never worn pearls myself, but I think I would if I could afford these. The middle one is stunning. It's hard to make pearls look unexpected and modern.

Meg said:
Sorry to be the voice of dissent but I really don't like these. I don't find them that 'original' to be honest, I think there is so much more she could have done with them. And the big chain just makes me think of the bad chain and pearls you see at Claire's. I'll pass.
Ya. They look very generic...If it werent CdG we'd be talking about how chintzy and done they are. :rolleyes:

Quite frankly Diorling, I agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->