Comme des Garçons COUTURE

I would have expected a bigger IMPACT with a CdG jewellery line. Again, maybe it's that 'subtle subversive' thing... (Undercover S/S07?) that I just...don't....get

^^Seriously?? I've seen Mikey jewellery and Freedom jewllery with similar designs...in fact, scarilys imilar....

"handpicked pearls of the finest quality from the South Seas and Akoya"

How pricy it sounds~

Pricy Pricy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Sorry to be the voice of dissent but I really don't like these. I don't find them that 'original' to be honest, I think there is so much more she could have done with them. And the big chain just makes me think of the bad chain and pearls you see at Claire's. I'll pass.

Ya. They look very generic...If it werent CdG we'd be talking about how chintzy and done they are. :rolleyes:
----
I totally agree, guys!

Meg said:
Quite frankly Diorling, I agree

Also agree. I mean, they're ok but it's not like they're innovative or new, just pearls on chains that are a bit chunkier then usual. :huh:

Wow this is really interesting...that would be too cool if they incorporated those into clothing! haha I just pictured a dress with 100 of those hanging from it... :P

These look like some understated luxury pretension that some people buy into...the one on the left and right look very cheap and mass produced, though they'll probably be marked in the thousands...with that said, I don't mind wearing the middle one if it's reasonably priced...maybe around $200?

maybe it's because it's pearls,she meant for them to be a bit subtle. Like a kind of respect for pearls as something rather sophisticated. I've seen other designers like Yoshiko and Tomoko Furusawa use pearls and they're never over done either...usually kind of subtle.

Looks a little cheap with that chain. It's too big for the pearls.

I like them a lot, pearls imo need simplicity. The chain is enough to make them interesting. I like the petrie dish presentation. It looks raw, and if the pearls are of the best quality there will be NO mistaking them for cheap beads.

saks.com

I'm afraid I agree with the naysayers ...

Agree pearls need simplicity and that a departure from the norm is welcome ... my favorite is Gabrielle Sanchez, whose jewelry has a way of making other jewelry look fussy and really showcases the pearls. Here's an example:

PS Santa, I wouldn't mind finding this in my stocking :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->