Congratulations To Our Friends in Japan

So.....because Masako is married to the oldest son, if she ever gives birth to a boy, would that son override Akishino in the succession line even though Akishino would be older? Masako is higher on the royalty scale than Kiko, right? I'm confused

The son would def. override Akishino. Masako is higher on the scale but now that Kiko is the mother of the heir, she's higher. Actually I think both Akishino and Kiko are higher than the crown couple because of the heir.

christina126 said:
I'm hoping that Masako will feel less pressure to produce an heir, but I'm still hoping that the laws will change so that Aiko can become empress!
Wouldn't that be so lovely!? :woot:

I find the whole thing very saddening in a way and a big snapshot of the world as a whole and the pressure society puts on women to have children.

I guess we ARE still living in the Dark Ages.

I'm so happy for her. I've heard about her pain when they first thought she was infertile.

Wow, I'm glad I came across this thread. It's been very informative and I like learning about other issues going on around the world. Thanks so much for making this a thread.

dlg

misssakura said:
Well, good that all went well, but I was sort of hoping they'd find out some way to let women ascend to the throne, would have been interesting.

I know! Princess Aiko is such a precious little girl. Sadly, I guess Japanese monarchy is too conservative to allow her to be next in line after her daddy.
The media is to blame for the pressure on Masako though. The media is the one who brings up the "problem" whenever they can.

Congratulations to the happy royal family!

I hope they still change the law... Japan is one of the few countrys that don't allow female successors (along with Belgium and Luxembourg) and it would be nice if they changed that :flower:

"Don`t breed them if you can`t feed them"

VainJane said:
Sidenote: I remember reading that some of the Western nations (like Japan and France) are having a baby decline and that the governments are offering incentives for people to have more kids. I kinda wish the U.S. had that problem :innocent:

Here in Germany every woman has 1,2 children (average rate, rate falling) and NO, the goverment doesn`t encourage more children, rather the opposite, there is no daycare for children and woman can`t afford to give up there jobs (finance wise).

It`s a huge problem since we are an "over aged society" (more old people and no young people to work for the "retirement payments" for the old).

But what can you do? If you MUST work to survive, with a rising divorce-rate, a state that slowly gives up the social system, an economical crisis, rising unemployment, with men that are not interested in getting married etc...

Sorry but us women in rich western Europe simply CAN`T AFFORD to have children!

^ how sad! I had no idea things regarding marriage and children was like
that in Germany! I should read up more on current events.....:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->