Courtney Love's Daughter: Her First Interview

Jadee

Reaction score
52980928.jpg

You might remember her as the angel-faced tot photographed bouncing on COURTNEY LOVE's hip 12 years ago during grunge rock's heyday. Now, FRANCES BEAN is 13 and entering seventh grade, and Teen Vogue magazine is offering the first real glimpse of the mysterious daughter of Courtney and NIRVANA frontman KURT COBAIN.

"I'm a different person," Nirvana's heir apparent insists in her first public interview. "I don't want to be titled as Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain's daughter. I want to be thought of as FRANCES COBAIN."

Frances appears in a series of girly outfits in Teen Vogue's latest issue, on newsstands September 13. She talks about her mom and being grunge royalty, although the story focuses primarily on the teen's shopping habits.

"I love feminine pieces," she says. "My favorite color is light pink. I also like baby blue because it brings out my eyes."

In one portrait, she wears a ruffled blouse and a ladylike black pencil skirt with white socks and black Mary Jane heels by KATE SPADE. Although the parallels to her mom are obvious, Frances makes the distinction between her own Lolita look and her mother's infamously short baby doll dresses and smeared lipstick look of the '90s.

"I prefer when she's more 'classy starlet,'" she tells Teen Vogue of her mom, referring to Love's red-carpet Oscar makeover in 1997. "I don't really like her hardmetal stuff, or when she doesn't brush her hair."

The platinum-haired rocker and widow of Cobain has fallen on hard times lately. She's on probation in three separate cases, two involving drugs and one stemming from an assault on a woman with a Scotch bottle. After winning custody of Frances in January, she was ordered by an L.A. judge into a 28-day drug treatment program on Aug. 19 after admitting she was using drugs again.

For more from Frances, buy Teen Vogue on stands Tuesday, Sept. 13.

source:http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/celeb/insdr20050906t142900002967/index.html

Cool to see she seems normal. Props to her especially with a mother like Courtney.

tastes_like_chic said:
You can definitley see a lot of Kurt in her - luckily!
Cute kid.

She looks a lot like Courtney too. Here's a childhood pic of Courtney

courtney-love.jpg

Thanks for posting :flower:, that's intresting!

:shock: this make up looks hideous on that kid.. :sick:
hope she turns out like a 'normal' girl ..i mean with that mom :doh:
btw, i also see resemblance to Kurt :heart:

someone please take this ugliness off her sweet face

She has dealt with more than any 13-year-old should have to. I have a feeling she has a long road ahead of her...

At least she seems to understand that her mom isn't quite all there.

She seems a quite confident, pleasant, stable, and 'normal' young girl considering her dad's suicide and her bizarre mother whose in the news practically every day if not for relapse then a lawsuit. I hope the best for her.

She's always seemed pretty stable considering her circumstances...
I wish her all the best...
:flower:

I wish her the best. I agree she has been through way too much in her 13 years.

She favors her Dad more than her Mom, but I do see the resemblance to the young Courtney (love that pic.)

Agree with Lena, the makeup is awful!

Frances reminds me a bit of Jennifer Aniston ... how screwed up does Courtney look there??? Poor child ...

I tought she was still a little girl..:wink: I hope she will be stable and healthy and won't be sucked into the party circuit.

Lena said:
:shock: this make up looks hideous on that kid.. :sick:
hope she turns out like a 'normal' girl ..i mean with that mom :doh:
btw, i also see resemblance to Kurt :heart:

someone please take this ugliness off her sweet face

:lol: Lena i LIVE for your comments :heart:

seriously........im always smiling when i read your posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member