Frances Bean Cobain is the new face of Chanel 2008?

yes but she's not model... so this is not her job to be interesting, beautiful, stunning etc.
so I can say she's ugly... she's not a work of art, c'mone....
and I said she had no potential... so there's nothing interesting in her... sorry... she looks like a drag pig....
but it's true, i'm def. not working in fashion nor am I working at Chanel or even in a models agency...

about the ugliness one point again... there're some guys i find very attractive on streets and that everyone around me find "not interesting enough" - as we cannot say ugly....
so you know my point of view.... we don't care that much....:lol:

I always enjoy your posts Berlin but seriously what you said above is just nasty. She's 15. Why bother even saying something like that.

I agree with LetThemEatCake. This article is just BS.

Honestly, Chanel is for the classic fashionable woman. Frances has no style and would make Chanel unappealing. I`d rather Emma Watson than her to do the ads. No matter how much make-up or airbrushing an ad may have, i doubt women will run to buy some Chanel clothes after seeing an unfashionable 15 year-old in its ads.

Honestly, Chanel is for the classic fashionable woman.
their S/S 08 ankle bracelet in particular...:heart:...:meow:

..anyway, I would love it if this was real.. I remember I saw her in a video when she was much younger and her features were stunning.. her current haircut isn't very flattering, nor her style.. but she's too young.. and still relatively out of the spotlight to get a stylist and look presentable.. which also stands for clone-ish lately. I'd certainly like to see her in print more than I want to see Claudia Schiffer, Chrisy, Coco, Kruger or whatever thrills your average suburban housewife or self-proclaimed 'fashionistas'...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is something that I can really say I would have never seen coming. It'd def been an interesting pairing....given Karl and Courtney's history.

I think they should wait at least 1 or 2 years to let her do a campaign like that.The girl is only 15 and she doesn´t look really older than that if you ask me.I think a campaign for teenage clothes would me more appropriate than being the new face of Chanel.I know that some designers use very young models for their camapigns,but I really don´t like the idea of kids in high fashion.

Personally I couldnt care if she was 15 or 25. She doesnt have style and she doesnt have a great face or body . And she deffintiely doesn't embody at all what chanel girl should be.

Honestly I'm slightly amused by some of the comments.

As for being ugly, are any of the new models these days even remotely beautiful? Can someone point someone out and say to me she's a stunning beauty. They're interesting looking, quirky, but certainly not beautiful by any stretch of the imagination.

The age thing is also kind of funny because models have gotten progressively younger and also younger looking. That new Calvin Klein girl is 16, all of the new Eastern European girls are age 16-18 with bodies like an ironing board, so how is 15 years old such a stretch?

Regardless of whether it's true or not, some of the reasoning why she'd be bad is rediculous to me.

But models can actually model.. they have a special look about them .. sure some arent conventional but they have it unlike.. frances bean cobain :ninja:

Ridiculous...only famous for her parents, who themselves weren't even talented

Karl Lagerfeld is in too deep of celebrity

i could actually see this working, whether or not there's any truth to it...since chanel is all about americana right now, if the ads were shot in some sort of homage to the americana photography done in the 1910's-1930's, it think this younge gal would work amazingly.

on a side note, im rather shocked by the harsh comments and severe reactions thus far in regards to this young girl.

Well, she's parading a YSL Muse in those pictures. Wonder what Karl will say to that if this were true at all? :shifty:

She's not ugly.. but.. just not pretty at all. Average, maybe.

She resembles her father A LOT. She is an attractive girl but I gather that this is just a rumor.

So the mom wore a fake Chanel outfit once and now the daughter supposedly has a campaign? Nice. :huh:

I wish it's not true :wink:
anyway, when I red that, I thought about Liz Jagger (Lancome) and Liv Tyler (Gucci?)
I know it's not a great comparison, Liv is an actress, Liz is really beautiful, they don't need their hot names to get into a campaign, but maybe there's something in it :wink:
she will get a makeover, she will get a proper airbrush and she will be a chanel star

this must be a joke. a very unfunny joke.

why on earth would karl let frances be the face of chanel when her mother had just recently worn a chanel fake?

but then again these things do happen. elvis' grandaughter was the face of some dior perfume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acgee1132
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->