Cover Rumor Thread

iluvjeisa

clever ain't wise
Reaction score
Do you have information about who is going to be on a certain cover, but you don't have solid evidence (examples of solid evidence: you've seen a shot of it, or you have a snap of it)? Then this is the thread for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have information about who is going to be on a certain cover, but you don't have solid evidence (examples of solid evidence: you've seen a shot of it, or you have a snap of it)? Then this is the thread for you.

Note from the Moderators

In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster. If we do not close these threads we do not have a safety margin to handle heavy traffic and tFS will crash.

I don't have any rumours, but does anyone have clue who's going to be on Vogue Paris' December/January issue?

Interesting thread. Michaela Hlavackova is supposed to be on the cover of Vogue Espana - December or January.

Well, we know that Angelina is going to be on the cover of an upcoming issue of Vogue. Just not what month. Possibly January?

peacelover142002 said:
Well, we know that Angelina is going to be on the cover of an upcoming issue of Vogue. Just not what month. Possibly January?

Jan covers are considered insignificant. Seems to me Angie should be good for more than that, but you never know. They've got to have someone on it afterall.

Thank You iluvjeisa:flower:...:heart:...We needed this thread...:wink:...

WhiteLinen said:
I don't have any rumours, but does anyone have clue who's going to be on Vogue Paris' December/January issue?

John Galliano will guest edit it. Nick Knight did a three day shoot for that issue. He mentioned it in the december issue of Vogue UK

mikel said:
John Galliano will guest edit it. Nick Knight did a three day shoot for that issue. He mentioned it in the december issue of Vogue UK
That seems like rather solid evidence...still interesting to know who's on the cover. Dream scenario would be a John+Kate thing...or maybe John and Iekeliene (she opened the Galliano show and is bound to make a splash).

Great idea for a thread! This way I don't have to keep digging to find the new topics on these rumors. Thanks!

Too bad I'm sick of Galliano.

Oh well, another issue I am not going to buy. Maybe I should purchase a book instead.

iluvjeisa said:
That seems like rather solid evidence...still interesting to know who's on the cover. Dream scenario would be a John+Kate thing...or maybe John and Iekeliene (she opened the Galliano show and is bound to make a splash).

Ohh! I'm so hoping for Iekeliene on the cover :woot:

Does anyone know who is going to be on December German Vogue???

What about mini-mentions of mags that do exist, but aren't 'important' enough to usually merit their own thread? For instance, UK Covers for December 2006 that I'll probably not buy and review:

Marie Claire - Cameron Diaz
Red - Liv Tyler (pic attached)
Eve - Courteney Cox (pic attached)

Attachments

• RED0612.gif
    RED0612.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 2,046
  • EVE0612.jpg
    EVE0612.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,047
Well, maybe we should have an "Insignificant covers" thread :wink: Actually, I think the Liv Tyler cover is beautiful - a little like late 70s Glamour covers.

Maybe this thread should be called "Cover news and rumors"?

An "insignificant covers" thread sounds great! It would definitely be nice with a place to post covers (and maybe a mini review if you've flipped through it) of more insignificant or lesser known magazines.

It doesn't make sense to post it in the "What magazines have you bought..." thread unless you actually got it (duh!). And I think it might become hard to separate facts from rumours if we'd merge it with this thread. I imagine the interesting rumours would get lost in a fast-moving thread with cover pics of everything from Spanish Elle to Spur to Swedish Bon etc etc...

So I vote for a separate thread! :flower:

It's judging what would merit an individual thread - I mean, most men's magazines probably wouldn't, but when they have a model or fashionable celeb on the cover, then they do... right now, Cindy Crawford is on the cover of UK Esquire December 2006. If I found a scan, I'd probably start a thread with it, but usually... no.

Hm, yes, but I don't think that would be a problem? We no longer have any guidelines on which mags merit a thread (right?) so it's up to the individual. Let's say I see a nice cover, but I don't want to start a thread so I post it in the "insignificant covers" thread. Then if someone else thinks that issue merits its own thread and starts one, well, fine! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->