O Magazine

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
What do you think about Oprah putting herself on the cover month after month? Is it a good thing or would she do better with guest cover stars or should she share the cover with someone? Do you think having the same person brings about a sort of monotony since there are certain things they cant do.

If you have seen the covers they do try to totally change the looks monthly each issue looks totally different to the other despite the same hairstyle and face.

images www.unsubscribe.com

11724_20050701748.jpg

11724_20050901748.jpg

11724_20051101748.jpg

11724_20051201748.jpg

11724_20060101748.jpg

11724_20060201748.jpg

It bugs me that she's on the cover every month. It was like Rosie's magazine... I found it to be silly...

hmm well first off i like the 2nd cover you posted lol :P

well, i think it's fine in that...the magazine is named after her and she herself is a major celeb. oprah fans are kinda wild :lol: i kid but what i do mean is that she is her own selling point, so to speak, and i think that's enough for oprah fans.

idk, kind of rambling but basically her being on the cover all the time doesnt really bother me.

Erin said:
It bugs me that she's on the cover every month. It was like Rosie's magazine... I found it to be silly...

I gasped when I read that. There was a Rosie magazine :shock:

I'm fine with her being on the cover, especially since I have never opened an issue. :P
But like OrginalSin pointed out, this is a magazine that's named after her and I'm sure she has a lot to do with it...

This is a great magazine, even though it's not fashion-friendly. It has very inspiring articles about self-reflection and self-growth. Not too preachy, thankfully.

As for putting herself on the cover every month, Urban Stylin, I think it's for marketing reasons. Her image on the cover conveys a consistent profile for the magazine, with no celebrity frills. It stays true to the magazine's "unpretentious" content.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha yes go harpo!

I also don't have issues with this cover tactic. I quite like it :ninja: And I agree, it's part marketing and part of the fact that she has a lot of involvement with the magazine.

No I don't think it's that questionable. I mean, I know she's a very busy woman but she doesn't claim to be a contributing writer and I would say she probably has the same involvement as any other Editor. The impression I've always gotten is that this magazine is like her 'baby'. Also, I think it's a great magazine for that sort of middle aged zone of woman without being patronising and offering lots of cooking and kids activities and things. Not that I'm middle aged, but still.

That last issue is hot
Oprah looks sexy

And no..I don't have a problem at all...I'm tired of celebrities

GasolineRainbow said:
This is a great magazine, even though it's not fashion-friendly. It has very inspiring articles about self-reflection and self-growth. Not too preachy, thankfully.

As for putting herself on the cover every month, Urban Stylin, I think it's for marketing reasons. Her image on the cover conveys a consistent profile for the magazine, with no celebrity frills. It stays true to the magazine's "unpretentious" content.

Exactly. In many ways, this helps her efforts in legitimizing her mag as one of substance and less fluff. And as long as Oprah presents herself in the live show as much as possible as a person of integrity, she will have no problem putting herself on the cover, month after month.

Seriously, just think about it -- an African American woman on the cover, month after month. Bold. Extraordinary. Amazing.

Go Oprah.

Well as much as i applaud them for creating different looks every months which make it more interesting i still wish she could share the cover with some people sometimes. I also gotta add, the Hamptons inspired 3rd last cover wasnt a very good thing. Her eye make up is too dark for the cover and also hairstyle. My fave is the 2nd

^ So do I.... Oprah's face is a familiar face to many shoppers. A face without scandals on it or negative things and thus putting her on the cover means sell sell sell and kaching. If there is ever to be a J magazine with Jessica Simpson on the cover each month, after a while the customer will stop buying it.

In Holland we have a magazine called Linda from tv-host Linda de Mol... she is on the cover too every month and shares the same influences on buyers as Oprah does... so Linda sells like hotcakes.

So basically, I don't mind it....

research has been done...
it sells better if she is on the cover...

same with martha stewart....
THAT is why she is on the cover every month....
people buy it because they LOVE oprah...

^_^...

I think they do a good job changing it up each month... especially since it's Oprah everytime:flower: I have alot of respect for her, such a smart woman^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->