D Squared

serbchick721

Reaction score
i was watchin E! this mornin and fashion telivision was on...they had a special on Don and Dead Caton (spelling?) from D squared...i luv their line, very fresh! wat does everyone think

I love DSquared too, Serb! :wink: I think what they do is really nice, very sexy and wearable clothes that are uber-cool! :wink:

i like some of their clothes, its great for the audience they try to appeal to, but if its not your thing then it makes you wanna puke B)

:( hmmm i dont like their style, not at all :sick:

not my style at all. :ninja: their stuff looks exactly like how all the rich kids dress in my hometown... contrived psuedo vintage with quite a lot of redneck mixed in. :yuk:

Mostly I find them to be like a high fashion
abercrombie and fitch( gay male mixed with red neck).

I have seen a few nice pieces lik e a white lether ziper jacket and red strapy skirt

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jul 26th, 2003 - 9:45 am
Mostly I find them to be like a high fashion
abercrombie and fitch( gay male mixed with red neck).

i like that description.

their facial expressions scare me ....if thats relevent to the topic or not :lol:

do they have a website- if not can you buy in UK

I think DSquared is definetly underrated by people, thank god, not editors and buyers who gave critical acclaim for their Fall '03 collection.

I think their look is more sports-utility-meets-club-kid-clothes and that they put a lot of effort in each piece and, as I read, they're low cut jeans have been copied by everyone and they honestly have an original voice.Their humor and fun-ness makes them so appealing. They've been working since 1994! :wink:

Here are some fave looks of mine and reviews of some of their collections:

DSquared's witty take on California Dreaming by Suzy Menkes of the IHT

When a look-alike of the pin-thin blonde socialite Paris Hilton walked the runway at DSquared, showing off a pompom trimmed thong, it summed up the witty humor of the twin designers Dean and Dan Caten. They looked back at the 1950s era of drive-in diners, beach parties, James Dean, Marlon Brando and the innocent beginnings of teenage life. That was updated with DSquared's inimitable bottom halves from low-slung cargo and track pants to skimpy nylon swim shorts with a metal ring at the rear. Underpants visible at the waistband and colored or graphic linings to the new slim-line suits are nothing new. But the merry energy of the designer duo makes their style appealing.

I think that that latest collection ignitioned posted changed a lot of minds, but I still don't enjoy their look. It is definitely not my style.

too re hased & stylized
no true designing from the bro's....its like they go into a thrift shop and say "hey, isnt this great? well it would be better if it was pink and had fur on it......" anyone can do that hopefully they are good business man to keeo their line afloat , other than that nothng too special =IMO=

Originally posted by gloria@Aug 23rd, 2003 - 6:58 am
Pout,

http://www.dsquared2.com/

Spacemiu, Im agree with u with high A&F...its an italian-European preepy style . There´s so many people who wears like this style.
Not that much italo-european ..remember that Dean & Dan Caten are canadian ... of course there are elements from italian menswear that they've adopted ..but they proudly speak of how "american" is their style .. about their Womenswear debut collection ..supposedly the models worked for free and ALL their clothes flew off th racks when the show was over ...
To me ... it's one of my faves ... I like 'em as much as Sean John ...

you can have a peak at their frilly pink and yellow shoes on
www.vicinishoes.com

i personally like their stuff. :blush:
its true though that i reminds me of italian fashionistas... its very trendy over there.
some of their stuff is truly useless though and overpriced :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->