Damien Rice

I adooore Damien Rice! I'm a sucker for a lot of folk music (not the old country-ish crap ... I mean the acoustic guitar/pretty voice/melodic songs kind), and his music is pretty much amazing.

I think someone already said this, but it's so true ... his singing is so genuine and full of raw emotion. My favorites ... The Blower's Daughter, Cannonball, Amie, Older Chests, among many others!

He's coming to ACL (Austin City Limits - major music festival where I live) at the end of the summer and I really really reeaally want to see him perform live.

golucky said:
He's coming to ACL (Austin City Limits - major music festival where I live) at the end of the summer and I really really reeaally want to see him perform live.

You are very very lucky! Wish he came to Athens too....:cry:

I learned about him through someone on this very website...
thanks strawberry...
:P

and i have passed it along...
good stuff...

:heart:

What does everyone think of the new album? From what I've heard, it's not as good as O. Buuuuttt, here's what's on his myspace:

“I started with the notion that this album was going to be a 'heavier' record than the last. [This album] is mostly accidents, that’s the way it feels. But beyond any preconceived notions this has ended up being, from my point of view, a collection of songs I feel I can listen to. I've no desire to make any statements. I've no desire to try to be something other than what I am, or to try to make the music something other than what it is. And I've no desire to break through styles or modes or anything. I think I needed to get this collection of songs out of my system and I am quietly aware that they're fairly similar to what we've done before, but then, so what? I really like them.”

^ I have to agree, It just doesn't compare to O. I like some of the songs, but none have really grasped my attention. Im still going to get the album though :P

i like his new song "9 crimes" very beautiful

so he's got a thread :crush: :crush: :crush:
he's really my favourite singer as the best voice in the music industry! :heart:

'O' is my fav album ever!
Everytime I listen to it, I feel better.

I don't feel better, but I feel more... I don't know... full?

I think it's because of his voice that still stucks in my head
and it's rather sad
but so beautiful at the same time

after days of rumour its now official on damienrice.com:

Band update - 25 Mar 2007
After much thought and discussion Damien has decided that his professional relationship with Lisa Hannigan has run its creative course. As a result Lisa will not be appearing at any of the upcoming live shows. Lisa is embarking on her own artistic endeavours and there are no plans for them to work together in the foreseeable future. The current band on tour at the moment are - Damien Rice, Joel Shearer, Shane Fitzsimons, Tom Osander & Vyvienne Long.

thats a shame about him and lisa... they were pretty much a dream team.

Woah..im shocked:shock:,they were fantastic together :cry::heart:
i wish Lisa all the luck in the future.Thankyou for posting :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I remember this, weren't they on their way to a show when he flat out said that he didn't want her anymore ?
Anyway, I miss this guy, where is he? I want a new abum! :ninja:

Damien Rice was at his best with Lisa Hannigan. Together, they were an fantastic duo. His scratchy, raw, barely-held-together-anguish-filled-voice intertwined with her hauntingly sad, melancholic, sweet voice was a spine-tingling combination.

I think it's been 4 years since the last album, Damien are you preparing something for us? You better be.:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->