Hope Sandoval / Mazzy Star

luna minor

Reaction score
Another haunting voice and presence. An old blues sound. And so mysterious. I love all her music w/ Mazzy Star, her collaborations with Jesus and Mary Chain, and her recent work titled, Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions. She is apparently also working on a new album after 5 years. I've never been fortunate enough to see her live, but from what I've read and seen on video, her stage prescence is undeniably powerful. She never addresses the crowd and usually doesnt stare out into the audience either as she has a large fear of performing live. Too many favorite songs to list, but "Halah", "I'm Sailin" (a cover of an old blues artist, Memphis Minnie), "Blue Flower", "Taste of Blood", "Be My Angel", "Fade Into You", "Into Dust", "She's My Baby", "Flowers in December", "All Your Sisters", "Happy", "Look on Down from the Bridge" are favourites and that doesnt even begin with her solo work. Please discuss if you love her and her music also.
hope3.jpg

hope35.jpg

hope34.jpg

Mazzy Star Boulevard

Last edited by a moderator:
She has the sweetest, most delicate and lovable voice I have ever heard. I love her airy singing and music :wub:

I can't stop listening to ''I've been let down'' at the moment..

So there is a thread...... :crush: :clap:

Mazzy Star is classic. Hope Sandoval is such an ethereal character. Lovely voice and such poignant lyrics.

Favorites are 'Halah', 'Flowers in December', 'She Hangs Brightly', 'Ride it On', 'Into Dust' and of course, 'Fade into You'... :heart:

hope31lo4.jpg

Mazzystar.nu

looove her voice!she's amazing and so beautiful
pics:
from hopesandoval.com
hopesandoval2.jpg

hope2.jpg

hope.jpg

As much as I love Mazzy Star, Hope Sandoval solo makes me want to stick my head in an oven.

Thanks for bumping this thread back. Is there news for new music from her? I'd love to hear her voice again. She's like Courtney, in that she takes so long between albums that there's almost a forgetfulness for a bit, but then they return unexpectedly. I just hope she still is creating music and using her beautiful voice, Hope.

I adore a little-known band named Elysian Fields, and last.fm keeps recommending Mazzy Star/Hope/The Warm Inventions based on their similarities... ^_^

'Elysian Fields'... lovely appellation. :crush:

Thanks for the recommendation, Jennifer. I'll give it a listen soon enough... :heart:

LetThemEatCake, last I heard, Hope is expecting. :woot:

'Elysian Fields'... lovely appellation. :crush:

Thanks for the recommendation, Jennifer. I'll give it a listen soon enough... :heart:

LetThemEatCake, last I heard, Hope is expecting. :woot:
Yes! You must. I've heard the vocal delivery (courtesy of Jennifer Charles) described as smoky, velvety, come-hithery... I would say all those descriptions fall short. :innocent:

Extremely short. Words fail to capture it. It suspends you in an orb of insoluble sensuality... :wub:

A new obsession has been discovered it seems... several bows to you, Jennifer...^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Extremely short. Words fail to capture it. It suspends you in an orb of insoluble sensuality... :wub:

A new obsession has been discovered it seems... several bows to you, Jennifer...^_^
Oh! I was considering the metaphor of her voice being that of an alluring hypnotist's, excavating your darkest memories for the purpose of her games of seduction. But I read over it and laughed. :rofl: It's close to accurate, but anyone who hasn't heard simply can't imagine! :P I'm glad you love it.

Mazzy Star

I've just discovered this band (from a Virgin Media advert, don't you know) and I really love them . . It's just, the mood of all of their songs seems to be pretty melancholy and I don't know if I need to become more melancholy . . :rolleyes:

I think they're an early nineties band . . Has anyone heard of them/like them?

^they are. i used to listen to them as a teen and still has much resonance now. among my swan...so tonight that i might see which rendered their most-popular and utterly beautiful 'fade into you' are my favourites.

hope sandoval has had a nice solo career as well with the warm interventions,who are coming out with a new album in september,as well as collaborating with various artists including jesus and mary chain. she's also contributing vocals on massive attack's upcoming album.

Wow, I didn't know there wasn't a thread. I absolutely love this band, one of my fav, they made the most saddest songs I know. Her voice is so beautiful is unbeliavable. They made made many good songs, their most famous is "Fade into you" ... that "Into Dust" is very good. just to name a few I love: Halah, Take everything, Blue light, Ride it on.

Love this group so much. :heart:
It's just a shame that this band is over. :(

hope should do a collaboration with cat power....they have such kindred styles but the voice contrasts could be lovely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->