Depeche Mode

^ Same for me. And "Nothing's Impossible" (track #8)

Along with New Order (and of course Bad religion, but that's a whole other genre), Depeche Mode is my favorite band.

The comic thing is that up until like 2-3 months ago the about only thing I really knew about DM was that they had an amazing song in "Personal Jesus". But when the record store close by had a sale earlier, I bought the two compilations of Singles 81-85 and 86-98. Needless to say; it blew me away (Hey, that ryhmes).

For the last 2 months I have been constantly playing DM, getting more and more hung up. It's like "OMG what the hell have i been missing out on all this time?!" :o :D :heart:

The nerve in their music really gets to me, I love love love them! And Dave Gahans voice..gaaah..sexy..B)

Unfortunately, their gig in Oslo in February is already way sold out. What to do, what to do.

I dont really like their songs written by Vince Clark (Just Can't Get Enough etc), I think Martin Gore's are way better.
Some of my fave:
Blasphemous Rumours
Strangelove
Never Let Me Down Again
Shake the Disease
Home

How's the new album btw? I dont know why I'm not too excited about it, maybe an ultra great band like DM should stop recording when they reach their peak so they'll be remembered like that, Violator was their glory (tho Ultra era was also great).

Yeah reach out and touch Dave!^_^

^ :lol:

Their new album is just so/so, to me...

Just to bring this thread back.

DM played last Thursday and Friday in Mexico City, I attended both and I'm still in shock with the concerts. I love DM but after the shows I love them even more. :woot:

some pics I took at their concert in Hamburg in February

It was such a great concert!

I cant belive i did not go to their concert. Now, thats a great dissapointment.

What are some fan favorites? I've been a fan for quite sometime, but never frequent Depeche Mode fan sites... just curious as to what songs fans mutually believe are the best of DM's. :flower:

I am in love with Depeche Mode right now. Particularly with what they did up until Violator (favourite album so far). I am still learning about them and have only heard Violator and Music for the Masses in their entirety.

^ Then you're in for a treat.

I always get re-hooked on their songs... right now "The Sweetest Condition" is on replay... and "Nothing's Impossible" (off their newest).

I've recently fallen back in love with them and the song that I could put on repeat all day long is 'enjoy the silence'...such a telling song.

dlg

I'm a huge fan! :heart:
I've been to a couple of their concerts and to me they are without a doubt the best live band around. :mohawk:
Such strong stage presence, captivating energy and drop dead gorgeous frontman! :wub:
My favourite live songs are: Goodnight Lovers, Photographic, Shake The Disease, Never Let Me Down Again and Walking In My Shoes!

^ Somebody else that loves "Walking In My Shoes"! :woot:

i've been reintroduced to them by the lovely toulouse. they're great! :heart:

I'm a big DM fan, see my avatar.:heart: My favourite songs are Walking in my shoes, Personal Jesus, Halo, Stripped, Behind the wheel, I feel you. I believe the new album is great and my favorite songs are Suffer Well, Precious and Lilian.

Oh I love DM since the eighties....so many memories so little time...:P

i relaly love the new album
i love those songs :
a pain that i'm used to
lillian
damaged people

and others , i love the other albums too :smile:

^ I've really been getting into the new album lately. It seems it takes just a while for me to appreciate the music... my favorites on the new album:

Precious
The Sinner in Me
Nothing's Impossible (which I've mentioned previously)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->