Designer Shop Fright.....

Ghost

Reaction score
what is designer shop fright?
it's the feeling low and intimidated when in a designer boutique like chanel, dior, lv, valentino. this usually happened in people especially teenagers and even adults with not enough cash around to throw at the face of some haughty salepersons who like to give you-have-this-kind-of-cash look. it's quite common in asia. i used to have designer shop fright also. but now who cares?
i just go in if i want to see an interesting pic from runway and touch this touch that and don't buy anything and go out.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean about the "service". Especially in Asia, if you walk out not buying anything they give you that look. You know that look like you've touched their bum or something.

^:lol:

Those hoity toity heirarch shops always do. Every time,I feel like quoting Edina Monsoon in telling them they're only sales girls/boys....

well they thiink they're the owners. here LV and Chanel servive is very good. but dior is horrible. Dior salepersons are always young ladies in "I love dior" t shirt. once i asked her for an earing from dior website. she twisted her face and " waht????????"...u know those kind of face like a nest of ants was poured into her underwear.:ninja:

Yeah, I've often been intimidated going into those shops as well...

I wonder if the shop owners encourage that behaviour in their staff? If so, it seems pretty counterproductive. A teenager who is treated kindly might buy a small accessory today; then, after she's made some money a few years later, become a regular customer.

On the other hand, perhaps the snobbishness is part of maintaining the brand exclusivity: the sales associates run off anyone who isn't "good enough" to wear the clothes.

:rolleyes:

even thinking about the customer rights, the feeling is still irresitable. but much better.

Thankfully,I never had this kind of attitude at the shops in Antwerp. In fact,all could not be any the more personable than a hospice worker. No pretense at all. But I suppose there,it's more a family enviroment so they do treat their customs alot better.

tinuvielberen said:
Yeah, I've often been intimidated going into those shops as well...

I wonder if the shop owners encourage that behaviour in their staff? If so, it seems pretty counterproductive. A teenager who is treated kindly might buy a small accessory today; then, after she's made some money a few years later, become a regular customer.

On the other hand, perhaps the snobbishness is part of maintaining the brand exclusivity: the sales associates run off anyone who isn't "good enough" to wear the clothes.

:rolleyes:

This attutude has been changing, as more and more people of different pedigree then the snobby park avenuers have money and desire to buy designer clothing, and is now very passe, at least in New York.

Anyway we have a very similar thread in the Shopping sectoin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->