Designers Birthright Atlanta...

justpatreq

Reaction score
In the 80's we witnessed the rise of wiggers, (white people mimacing black people). Then in the 90's we witnesses the rise of reality T.V., and that really pissed off the celebrities of our time. But one thing that I find to be more disturbing than any of these trivial issues, is self-proclaimed fashion designers.
These are the designers that mimac designers, hide behind the real talent until it's time to take the traditional designers walk down the runway, so that they can continue with the charade, as if no one will notice, these designers also steal, borrow, and decieve the consumer into believing that they are getting designer clothing. These designers also have secret agent titles such as, Boutique owners, Stylist, and merchendisers.
Here in Atlanta, designers are allowing specialty boutiques to skim 40% off the top, leaving the designer with no return. Atlanta designers do not know that this not a healthy business relationship. Most emerging designers are still in the emerging phase because of this form of gouging, and will remain in the emerging designer pool until WE, the true heirs of the fashion empire take back what is rightfully ours. And, let's not forget about the stylists, photographers, and models who pull peices from emerging designers racks, with the promise of exposure, and never even so much as have the garments cleaned before returning them.
I can not lay the blame on these wolves in sheeps clothing. No. It is not their fault that they are on the cut-throat-industry bandwagon. No, the responsibilty lies within the House Of Fashion, you know that big house that belongs to the Fashionheirs, the emerging designers. As emerging fashion designers, we have got to protect what has been passed down to us. We must stop acting out in desperation. And more importantly, we have to stand together in exclusivity. We need to continue to share new developements and resources.
Here in Atlanta, the top fashion designers do not stand together. But, a few of us who recognize this problem are working towards doing something about that.
If you have any suggestions concerning this thread, please, share with me.

i love this thread .
i have a lot to say about this subject
so much to say that i wont talk about it now
i have a show on wed. and i will comment after i am done with the collection

keep up the good work!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back