Designer's Favorite Models

Well JPG has a few favourites...Coco (obvious because she gets special parts in many of his shows), Eugenia (closed Spring 07 RTW and opened Spring 07 couture, the mermaid/pirate shows, and is a constant fixture), Lakshmi (put her in the Hermes campaign and she's showed up on many of his runways), Omayrha (favourite for many years), and Morgane (see Omayrha).

Designer's Favorites

I do not hope some kind of thread exist anymore.. If,then sorry :flower:

Well, actually I (and definitely everyone else) recognized that designers have some special models, models they always use in their shows, who opened/closed some or starred in a campaign. Their favorites.
Here we can sum up and discuss who is, always was and on the best way to get it :smile:

That are the ones I remember right now. Feel free to add what you think :flower:

Chanel: Karl Lagerfeld (also Fendi and Karl Lagerfeld)
Freja Beha Erichsen, Heidi Mount, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Anja Rubik, Baptiste Giabiconi

Dolce&Gabbana Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana (also D&G)
Natasha Poly (quite obvious) and I would say Maria Carla Boscono too

Gucci Frida Giannini
Natasha Poly, Anja Rubik, Freja Beha Erichsen

Michael Kors
Carmen Kass

Marc Jacobs (also Marc by Marc J. and Louis Vuitton)
Jamie Borchert, (Magdalena Frackowiak)

Ralph Lauren
Valentina Zelyaeva

Prada Miuccia Prada (also Miu Miu)
(I wouldn't call them real favorites, because Miuccia always has some for one or two seasons, but models who walked continuously in one of their shows, or very often)
Sasha P.(although I'm not sure anymore, she didn't walked it the past 2 seasons) Anabela Belikova, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Natasha Poly, Kasia Struss, Lara Stone, Lindsey Wixson (right now, we don't know how long it will last :innocent: and there are sure some others but I don't remind anymore, please add these)

Dsquared2 Dan and Dean Caten
Chanel Iman

Blumarine Anna Molinari
Natasha Poly

Versace Donnatella Versace
Daria Werbowy (idk If it's recent anymore, but Daria was a huge fav of hers)

Roberto Cavalli (also Just Cavalli)
Isabeli Fontana, Natasha Poly

Balmain Christophe Decarnin
Anna Selezneva

Christian Dior John Galliano (also John Galliano :D)
Karlie Kloss (Muse)

So, as said that are the bigges one. But of course you ca also discuss, which Designers seems to like a special girl wihtout beeing a huge fav :smile:

Francisco Costa @ Calvin Klein
Jac

Oscar de la Renta
Arlenis Sosa

Christian Siriano:ninja:
Sessilee Lopez

Anna Sui
Aggy D.

Alexander McQueen
Tanya D.

Alber Elbaz @ Lanvin
Elsa S.

Alexander Wang
Hanneh G., Liu Wen, Mirte M., Natasha P., Lily D, Snej, Anna S., Frejah B., Isabelli F.

Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough (Proenza Schouler) once said that Magdalena Frackowiak is one of the most beautiful girls they've ever seen and they'd really,really like her, so I guess she's sort of their favourite.

And I think Claudia Schiffer is one of Karl Lagerfeld's favourites, or?

Last edited by a moderator:
Azzedine Alaia-Christy,Yasmin le Bon,Naomi (back when she wasn't crazy),Nadege,Stephanie.

Lagerfeld: Claudia Schiffer
Donatella Versace: Carmen Kass
Alaia - Stephanie Seymour

Balenciaga
Nicolas Chesquiere - Charlotte Gainsbourg

Jean Paul Gaultier: Coco,Lakshmi,Sasha,Tanya,Eugenia,Kim,Georgina,Eugenia Mandzhieva

Before Karlie ,John's muses were Kate,Helena,Christy,Annabelle Nielsen

Jamie B. is a Rodarte and Proenza favorite.
Alana Zimmer is a Proenza favorite as is Hanne G.

Add Noah Mills for Michael Kors too, lol.

Versace - Kate Moss, Gisele, Patrick Dempsey, Jonathan Rhys Meyer

Ralph Lauren - Oriol Elcacho, Ollie Edwards, Nacho Figueras

Chanel (KL) - Baptiste (duh), Brad Kroenig, Gemma Ward

Dolce & Gabbana - Noah Mills, David Gandy, Adam Senn, Evandro Soldati, Naomi Campbell, Gisele Bundchen

Calvin Klein - Gabriel Aubry, Sean Opry, Natalia Vodianova

I would have added Abbey Lee to Gucci
Coco Rocha to Lagerfeld
Cecilia Mendez and Katia Kokoreva to Ralph Lauren
Snejana to Dolce & Gabanna
Anja and Raquel to Chloe
Vlada to Christian Lacroix (although no longer...)
Agyness Deyn and Lily Donaldson to Burberry (Christopher Bailey)

John Galliano seems to also like Denisa, Ksenia and Michaela K. They're regularly at his shows and seem to get some opening and closing slots.

Karl Lagerfeld's favourites are obvious but Sigrid, Elsa Sylvan, Kim Noorda, Iekielene, Sasha P, Vlada, Dorothea, Karlie, Angelika Kocheva, Karmen Pedaru, Irina K and others are always get slots at his shows. Wierdly he's using Natasha, Snejana, and Edita less and less now. He used to love Daria and Gemma but that's over now...

Ralph Lauren also seems to like Katia K, Ubah, Jac, Tao, Charlotte di Calypso and Magdelana Frackowiak.

Dolce and Gabbana like the whole Russian Mafia; Natasha, Vlada, Sasha, Snejana (at one point she opened the show 3 season in a row), Maryna etc. They also love Gisele obviously.

Marc Jacobs likes Irina K, Kamilla F, Marina and now he seems to like Hannah Hollmann (sp)?

JPG seems to like Sessilee and Anja Rubik does all his shows to.

Balenciaga always seems to use Anabela, Edita, Siri, Kasia, and a few others.

Lily Donaldson used to be Albar Elbaz's muse...don't know if that's the case anymore.

Amongst others Donatella really likes Isabeli.

Anabela always walks Prada, Miu Miu, Jil Sander and Balenciaga...

i honestly think that natasha poly doesn't walk the KL shows anymore only because she doesn't want too... she's a HUGE favorite at the D&G houses...

i've also noticed galliano likes chanel iman a lot...

I read somewhere Karl doesn't books her anymore because she prefered doing Dolce over Fendi last season.. so who knows, Karl's choices are always a bit confusing (I do not mean Freja and the whole crowd)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->