Designers That Should Stop What They Are Doing...

'hate' is such a strong word..... lighten up, it's just fashion........ :P

designers you hate .or dislike ..athough i prefer the word hate for some alleged "pe

for some people like Tom Ford...note i didnt use the word designer....i think he brings Fashion to a new low....shamelessly selling "himself" with the Intl Fashion press as his accomplice....eg being interviewd via the phone naked in bed ...as if he was just woken up by the phone......they should just have more respect for Us and not play and toy with our minds and calling it talent ....[ i for one am not fooled ..]...:ninja:

tom ford is repulsive and quite honestly the way he was booted out of gucci was just too gentle ... he used gucci and basically believed too much in his own hype ....:yuk:

I agree with Tom Ford.

Heatherette duo is the Paris Hilton of 'fashion'.

Stella McCartney was too hyped, and she desingns straightly for celebrities.

Hedi Slimane is also kind of annoying.

And all the designers, who think they are creating something 'higher'. It's only fashion.

Jennifer Lopez Sweetface, Kimora Lee Simmons(sp?), Jeremy Scott, Matthew Williamson,

faust said:
we have this thread already. please search before starting new threads.

have you got the link...?

cause it's not coming up for me...:flower:

Almost all of the Italian designers -dunno why but too bling bling. And even Prada and Marni and co do nothing for me. Heatherette and D'Squared goes without saying. Stella McCartney *shudder*

As for Tom Ford, much as I dislike him, I think he has alright moments at Gucci.

Also I don't think the 'it's only fashion' argument works well. Of course it is, but if you are in it, why not try and strive for something 'higher' or create something that you think undermines the 'it's only fashion' perception.... but then I am a fan of the Antwerp 6 and Margiela and the Japanese avant-gardists!

Can't say that I really hate any particular designers, but the attraction to Paul Harnden eludes me somewhat... Overall, I also don't jive with the Italians scene, too glossy.

I agree with Kimora Lee Simmons. No respect for her at all. Nicky Hilton.. come on now. And I have a problem with Jennifer Lopez as well. The only reason we know of their labels is because they are celebrities. They started at the top in terms of fashion rather than work their way up. I don't think they could even if they wanted to....again, in fashion.

we have this thread already. please search before starting new threads.
I did search and couldnt find anything. I won't search thousands of threads if that is what you mean. Lighten up!

I have to agree about Tom Ford ... the only other designer I can think of who really bugs me (but not as much) is the guy who designs Bill Blass ... can't remember his name, but he's an arrogant putz with severely limited talent as far as I can see.

oh wow designers i hate? well i agree hate is a strong word but there are plenty of designers i dislike. for one i would have to say galliano. i can appreciate his talent however i feel that it doesn't work for dior. it is outlandish, flamboyant and ugly and doesn't fit the asthetic of one of the greatest and most classic design houses in existance. women in dior should not look so cheap and sl*tty. i also dislike yohji. a designer should have a bit of modesty. saying things like "when i touch something it becomes modern" is a bit egomanical. especially considering yohji hasn't done anything modern in 20 years. we get it. you make things baggy. we've seen it. i guess i'll leave it at that. two designers i dislike is enough player hating.

Faust is right... we do already have this thread.

But, as for Yohji's comment above... I think that you're misreading his quotation. Yohji may be many things, but I'm not sure that egomaniacal is one of them (after all, if he were an egomaniac, it seems that he would be a much less shy person than he is).

Keeping in mind that English isn't his native language, I think that what Yohji intends to say is that anything that he touches (or anything that one touches) takes it out of its old context and makes it something new. So, the fact that he is taking something and putting it on a runway in 2006 makes it modern, no matter what style it is or no matter from which time period it may come.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->