Dior Men S/S 2022 Paris

A bore and anyone with working eyes would have taken out the neon green looks, they don't make any sense among such a subdued color palette (and neon green is always disgusting). The graphics are just vile.

The set was truly awful it looked like a discarded set for the live-action adaptation of Wile E Coyote and the Road Runner. I did like the soundtrack though...

Can't believe this is the same guy that did those incredibly beautiful Louis Vuitton menswear collections...

Looks like his ego got the best of him...the only Dior collection I really liked from him was F/W 19.20

Did Virgil also design this collection because this an OFF-WHITE collection with a Dior logo on it.

Collaboration with Travis Scott. Really babe. Was there no available artist this time?

Who cares anyway this collection is already sold out to the hypebeast.

Definitely not his worst collection. I like how some of them are subtle, sleek, and luxurious BUT the set is ugly as hell, and as usual, some looks were useless. Plus not everyone wants to wear sneakers.

I still wonder how much Travis Scott was involved because honestly, it was just the usual Kim Jones at Dior.

Why this push to make Travis Scott the next Kanye in fashion. There’s nothing aspirational about his style. He dresses like every other rapper. I get it’s for sales but are his fans purchasing Dior? His Air Jordan collar made sense, but not this.

No comment on the collection itself. It’s been seasons since Kim has caught my attention.

Looks like an 8th grade fashion show.

(Travis’ “style” is absolutely irrelevant. He’s fire with the basic children and these huge corporations need his brand to sell their basics. Kim is so consistently bland and blatantly pathetic with his desperate need to be always associated with the cool kidz. Why drag Travis out for the encore, other than to show off your corporate-paid branding??? As much as Hedi’s Dior Homme was always associated and endorsed by artists, he never once needed to be seen with them for his image. And nor does he need any now.)

Some looks here could perfectly blend with the Vuitton collection: they are as child-like and hideous as the ones from Virgil.

This is by far the ugliest Kim's collection.

Out of two reasons: first of all he clearly does not care about Dior Men as he is manufacturing collections based on exactly the same set of clothes (repetitive silhouettes like "short sleeve shirt + shorts + knitwear + heavy shoes whether boots or slides" etc.) and "infusing inspirations" via direct link to certain artist and his aesthetics (funny enough I have never seen Kim's collection inspired by woman or non-binary individual). In this collection he just elevated this primitive approach to the point when it is painful to see these models walking in this cocaine-Alice-in-Wonderland-wonderland. Clothes are ill fitted, vulgarly commercial and just simply f*cking disgusting (look at this shirts from looks 5, 14 and 21 and so on). I can't believe that the same team made SS 2020 and this.

Second reason of my completely meaningless rant is the fact that Kim Jones is currently doing everything to maintain this pretentious image of pseudo-Karl: he runs Dior Men, Fendi Womenswear and Fendi Haute Couture. He is incapable of that, everybody know it, papa Arnoult knows it, industry saw it after that disaster called SS 2021 HC. Nobody gives a sh*t, nobody cares, it's all about putting theme to the same clothes and sell them for £ 1800 for a polyester tank top.

Give me a break Kim but most importantly, give yourself a break :smile:)

I've never been a Kim Jones fan.
He ranks second with me on my irritating British designer list.
These clothes are ugly, but I do like some of the pants..
Travis Scott must wake up everyday and marvel at his growing power as a fashion influencer, but I will never understand his appeal.
He's not even cute, but that seems to be a plus in Men's fashion today. *Le sigh*.

Can't believe this is the same guy that did those incredibly beautiful Louis Vuitton menswear collections...

Looks like his ego got the best of him...the only Dior collection I really liked from him was F/W 19.20

Exactly, how did this come from the same mind, same team, that designed some of those sublime Vuitton collections? Most of those Vuitton collections were more Dior in essence and style than his actual Dior collections, which makes no sense.

This collection is ridiculously stupid and incredibly cringey in its attempt to be "cool" and "groundbreaking". The marketing lines on social about how this collaboration is "revolutionary" and the "first of its kind" are so pretentious.

I am so over branding and collabs at Dior Homme! I miss that sense of [Parisian] chic that both Hedi Slimane and Kris Van Assche brought to the brand. The tailoring and quality of the clothing was also far superior during the time of both of those designers.

It's baffling that for me he hasn't quite hit the strikes at Dior like what he's done at LV. What makes the difference was that his LV was the pioneer. He is leading the trends and the hype beasts started to follow him. Now he designs with hype beasts in mind and it did him bad. But I will say this though, even Kim at his worst, he sure can makes a better collection than many working designers today.

can't believe the same guy who made cool sportswear for Umbro, luxurious stuff at Dunhill and LV, now does... this. but maybe conglomerate fashion is in such a state that it doesn't really matter nor does a collection need to reflect, well, anything.

Exactly, how did this come from the same mind, same team, that designed some of those sublime Vuitton collections? Most of those Vuitton collections were more Dior in essence and style than his actual Dior collections, which makes no sense.

I am so over branding and collabs at Dior Homme! I miss that sense of [Parisian] chic that both Hedi Slimane and Kris Van Assche brought to the brand. The tailoring and quality of the clothing was also far superior during the time of both of those designers.

Sadly, the times are calling for something different. I'm not sure him doing those same (similar) collections would make sense today, given the brands current trajectory.

And, given the reviews here of what Hedi was doing at Celine (Parisian chic), prior to switching to this Tik Tok type of fashion, I'm not sure that would have worked either. However, given that this is TFS, I know people love to hate on certain designers, regardless, so I suppose that could be taken with a grain of salt. But if what is/was being said about sales at Celine, perhaps it is true that sadly, super chic luxe fashion isn't what is selling right now.

It's baffling that for me he hasn't quite hit the strikes at Dior like what he's done at LV. What makes the difference was that his LV was the pioneer. He is leading the trends and the hype beasts started to follow him. Now he designs with hype beasts in mind and it did him bad. But I will say this though, even Kim at his worst, he sure can makes a better collection than many working designers today.

I know that sales don't mean something is actually good, from a fashion point of view, but I wouldn't say designing with the crowd in mind that helped make him a success has done him bad.

This will be a commercial success and I guess it’s the only thing that count. Every collection now from either Dior or LV menswear has a collaboration.

In womenswear, such stunts are less acceptable. Maybe the laziness of this collection means that more depth has been put in Fendi….

There are some cute things I like here and there (the pink looks are my favourites) but it bordens on the equivalent of basic-b*tch styling for men.

Happy Saturday! Who wants a good laugh? Taken from Anderson Madsesn’s review, “Gifted with an instinct for styling, Scott has a personal wardrobe as distinctive as his sound. “It’s about taste, isn’t it?” Jones told Scott. “Some people have it, some don’t. Luckily you do!”

If “taste” in this present day consists of distressed jeans, oversized flannels, graphic-shirts and sneakers then hey, I am the most tasteless creature alive. It works for Scott because that is his aesthetic and what he enjoys wearing, fine it suits him. But really, take a look through Google Images or his social media and tell me that is taste. For a high school student it may be, but for Christian Dior, not so much.

Jones collections are always hard for me understand. Using fine artists or musicians undoubtably brings an edge to the work that immediately props up the pieces to something of pure sophistication. For example, this collaboration with George Condo- one of my favorite artists in New York- is taking a contemporary, abstract artist’s work and placing it on a shirt. I understand it is much more complex that simply printing the image like a screen print but still, such a literal stance is quite boring. Here underlies the problem with KJ aesthic for Dior. It is quite banal if you really, really look. Those tailored suit jackets were amazing, I want one in every color, but beyond that it was hard to feel a sense of style and fashion in the lot. The knitted sweaters with Scotts “impeccable and progressive designs” was so elementary and unenthusiastic as well. Jones rarely plays with proportions or dimensions. He never quite steps far out enough from the box to justify any real direction.

Lastly, I would really challenge Kim to make a collection that does not feature a coat. This is something I have picked up on as of late. Each collection is centered on a beautiful jacket or overcoat that covers a majority of the look. Just once show us something besides outerwear, we all know you can do it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->