Dior Men S/S 2022 Paris

Happy Saturday! Who wants a good laugh? Taken from Anderson Madsesn’s review, “Gifted with an instinct for styling, Scott has a personal wardrobe as distinctive as his sound. “It’s about taste, isn’t it?” Jones told Scott. “Some people have it, some don’t. Luckily you do!”

If “taste” in this present day consists of distressed jeans, oversized flannels, graphic-shirts and sneakers then hey, I am the most tasteless creature alive. It works for Scott because that is his aesthetic and what he enjoys wearing, fine it suits him. But really, take a look through Google Images or his social media and tell me that is taste. For a high school student it may be, but for Christian Dior, not so much.

Jones collections are always hard for me understand. Using fine artists or musicians undoubtably brings an edge to the work that immediately props up the pieces to something of pure sophistication. For example, this collaboration with George Condo- one of my favorite artists in New York- is taking a contemporary, abstract artist’s work and placing it on a shirt. I understand it is much more complex that simply printing the image like a screen print but still, such a literal stance is quite boring. Here underlies the problem with KJ aesthic for Dior. It is quite banal if you really, really look. Those tailored suit jackets were amazing, I want one in every color, but beyond that it was hard to feel a sense of style and fashion in the lot. The knitted sweaters with Scotts “impeccable and progressive designs” was so elementary and unenthusiastic as well. Jones rarely plays with proportions or dimensions. He never quite steps far out enough from the box to justify any real direction.

Lastly, I would really challenge Kim to make a collection that does not feature a coat. This is something I have picked up on as of late. Each collection is centered on a beautiful jacket or overcoat that covers a majority of the look. Just once show us something besides outerwear, we all know you can do it!!!

Funnily— and ironically enough, this era of fashion is not only the worst in so many ways, but it’s so lacking in any individuality. Hence why someone like Travis, with his everykid uniform, is apparently praised as some “style” maven. In context to the lowering of standards worldwide, it’s completely understandable. The US is a country with 40% of its population classifies as medically obese: Not just overweight, but obese. That is staggeringly horrifying. And even more so that the population has been brainwashed, or beaten into subservience by political-correctness that is serving not just as marshal law— but apparently science and biology in 202, that obesity is the “new normal”. Standards have fallen so low just in the masses, that it has to influence the fashion industry: No wonder Paloma is considered a Supermodel; Virgil and JW are considered leading creative visionaries; Tyler a “standard” in fashion photography (LOL @his Masterclass pitch…); and Travis apparently possesses any hint of “style” etc

I hold no personal grudge against any of these bland people. It’s because current culture and the current fashion industry accepts such lessers as the standards, is the reason why Kim is flourishing. And people with low standards will always accept anything without resistance. Some people always mistaken low-standards (and even lack of standards) with being “open-minded” or “progressive” LOL Just like simplicity and minimalism will more often than not, be mistaken for “basic” LOOOL And all this is why such a mediocre “talent” like Kim is making it to the top. He was hardly a “good” designer at Vuitton, don’t kid yourself. He was producing passable designs at a time when standards were still high, so maybe he had to make the effort to work harder. And with Vuitton’s wealth and experience, even amateur ideations will look polished enough (just look at what the Vuitton team is able to do with Virgil’s cut-and-paste slop…). And with Dior’s vastly skilled and experienced atelier, it’s a given that the suits and coats will always be solidly produced. (I’ve always maintained that if money was no object, I could easily walk away with a couple of armfuls of suits/coats from Kim's Dior…). That’s likely why this brand continues to profit: There is a healthy enough customer base of very wealthy executives that will walk away with armfuls of suits/coats/shoes/accessories twice a year like it’s spending pocket money. That leaves the easily impressionable (as long as it costs a lot) AKA hypebeasts, to pick up Travis’ and his ilks’ “collab”, and it’s a healthy business model for LVMH. Let’s not kid ourselves, Kim was never good, just hyped now more than ever.

Funnily— and ironically enough, this era of fashion is not only the worst in so many ways, but it’s so lacking in any individuality. Hence why someone like Travis, with his everykid uniform, is apparently praised as some “style” maven. In context to the lowering of standards worldwide, it’s completely understandable. The US is a country with 40% of its population classifies as medically obese: Not just overweight, but obese. That is staggeringly horrifying. And even more so that the population has been brainwashed, or beaten into subservience by political-correctness that is serving not just as marshal law— but apparently science and biology in 202, that obesity is the “new normal”. Standards have fallen so low just in the masses, that it has to influence the fashion industry: No wonder Paloma is considered a Supermodel; Virgil and JW are considered leading creative visionaries; Tyler a “standard” in fashion photography (LOL @his Masterclass pitch…); and Travis apparently possesses any hint of “style” etc

I hold no personal grudge against any of these bland people. It’s because current culture and the current fashion industry accepts such lessers as the standards, is the reason why Kim is flourishing. And people with low standards will always accept anything without resistance. Some people always mistaken low-standards (and even lack of standards) with being “open-minded” or “progressive” LOL Just like simplicity and minimalism will more often than not, be mistaken for “basic” LOOOL And all this is why such a mediocre “talent” like Kim is making it to the top. He was hardly a “good” designer at Vuitton, don’t kid yourself. He was producing passable designs at a time when standards were still high, so maybe he had to make the effort to work harder. And with Vuitton’s wealth and experience, even amateur ideations will look polished enough (just look at what the Vuitton team is able to do with Virgil’s cut-and-paste slop…). And with Dior’s vastly skilled and experienced atelier, it’s a given that the suits and coats will always be solidly produced. (I’ve always maintained that if money was no object, I could easily walk away with a couple of armfuls of suits/coats from Kim's Dior…). That’s likely why this brand continues to profit: There is a healthy enough customer base of very wealthy executives that will walk away with armfuls of suits/coats/shoes/accessories twice a year like it’s spending pocket money. That leaves the easily impressionable (as long as it costs a lot) AKA hypebeasts, to pick up Travis’ and his ilks’ “collab”, and it’s a healthy business model for LVMH. Let’s not kid ourselves, Kim was never good, just hyped now more than ever.
This era were living in applauses mediocrity when it shouldn't be that way.

So he did a whole collection w/ Travis Scott, but only a few pieces from Chitose Abe from Sacai.

No, no, no, no, no. He totally misunderstood the assignment.

I wonder if this is still on after the Astroworld Festival deaths. He still has a pair of shoes with Nike coming out next week

I wonder if this is still on after the Astroworld Festival deaths. He still has a pair of shoes with Nike coming out next week

The collection will still be produced and released (early next year). However, I personally can't wait to see how the marketing team tries to turn this fiasco around. That's what happens when you choose an individual that is so problematic, just because you want to cash in on some kind of imaginary, illusory "cool" factor that is all hype and vacuous fodder for the social media world.

Interestingly, this disaster of a collaboration and its consequences only reinforces and strengthens Maria Grazia Chiuri's entire approach in terms of working with female creatives, and illustrates precisely the strength of her collaborations.

Dior’s Entire Next Men’s Collection Is a Travis Scott Collab – Now It’s a Business Nightmare
After the Astroworld tragedy, “this icon to Gen Z now has effectively detonated in your face,” says one expert. “It’s an apocalyptic marketing turn.”

When fashion giant Dior decided to make its entire upcoming spring/summer menswear collection a collaboration with Travis Scott, co-branded with his Cactus Jack label, the company thought it was entering into an invaluable partnership with a youth-culture titan. But in the wake of the fatal tragedy at Scott’s Astroworld festival, Dior is now facing an unprecedented business nightmare, experts said. “It is an apocalyptic marketing turn for that brand,” says Eric Schiffer, chairman of Reputation Management Consultants, “when you double down on this icon to Gen Z that now has effectively detonated in your face.”

“We’re very concerned,” says a Dior staffer who asked for anonymity. (A company spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment.) The Cactus Jack Dior line has almost certainly already been manufactured, experts said, and was likely set to be shipped to stores by early January. “In supply-chain terms, these goods have to be cut six months in advance,” says David Loranger, an assistant professor of fashion marketing and merchandising at Sacred Heart University, who had a long career in luxury retail. All of the promotional material is likely already completed as well, he added.

Luxury-retail expert Thomaï Serdari, who’s a professor of marketing at NYU Stern School of Business and founder of the brand-strategy firm BRAND(x)LUX, says she would advise Dior to take the hit and pull the entire season of product. “I think that could happen,” she says, noting she hasn’t seen the contract between Scott and Dior. “And I wouldn’t be surprised. This is about social responsibility and respect to the audience.”

Other companies face similar quandaries, but on a smaller scale: Nike, which has a long-standing and wildly successful partnership with Scott, has a new five-pair Air Max 1 collaboration with Scott on the way. “Nike has plenty of non-Scott-related product as well,” Loranger says. “They spread out their risks pretty well so they can always fall back on another person they have a collab with. They could shelve it or pump the brakes.” (Nike didn’t respond to a request for comment.)

Several experts agreed that Dior’s best option – short of pulling an entire, already made, heavily promoted season of product – may be to add a significant charity component to its line. The experts also advised Nike to put a hold on the new Air Max 1s, and if not, to announce their own charity donations. “If the line has already shipped,” said a music-marketing veteran who asked for anonymity, “and it’s too late to stop it, I’d make a significant contribution on every product sold that goes to [Astroworld] victims…. But do you really want to come out and promote a clothing line on Travis Scott in the next three months? You’re going to get [destroyed]. You’re going to get the letters from the Christian right. The media’s gonna be all over you. You’re gonna need crisis management, damage control.” Notably, Dior just began earlier-than-usual promotion of its pre-fall men’s collection, the season after the Cactus Jack Dior collaboration.

Dior does have an ongoing marketing partnership with another tarnished celebrity, Johnny Depp, and it never pulled its Sauvage cologne line in the face of domestic violence accusations, which he has denied. “They stuck with him,” Schiffer says, “which bodes for the fact that they’ll likely move forward.”

The Dior partnership is emblematic of a shift in the luxury industry, “from a quality-based industry to a completely branding-and-marketing-focused industry,” says Loranger. “And if you’re going to put all your eggs in that basket, then you should be prepared to own whatever comes out of that. If you take a collab partner and put their name all over a collection all over your brand, then that’s a huge risk that you’re taking as a brand. So in a risk-management sense, it’s almost not smart for brands to give collab partners too much of a footprint.”

Even McDonald’s partnered with Scott for a special meal last year, but the fallout from the Astroworld tragedy could scare off brands from edgy musicians in general. “Everybody wants to be in the music business, because it’s hip and cool,” says the music-marketing veteran. “But anybody could OD or get caught with their pants down, literally, at any given moment. That’s the business we work in. If you’re gonna put your toe in the water into the rock & roll music, hip-hop, whatever world, yeah, you might get burned.” On the other hand, Schiffer says, brands could see Astroworld as a one-time incident that’s unlikely to recur.

And Scott himself, regardless of what the facts turn out to be about his awareness of or culpability in the tragedy, will struggle to make any new brand partnerships for the foreseeable future, experts say. “New product endorsements? Not a chance,” says the music-marketing expert. Reputation Management Consultants’ Schiffer says Scott’s team would have to get creative in their choices. “You could see brands in which they don’t care about the negative implications,” he says. “So for instance, crypto-coin offerings or something.”

Rolling Stone

7qtgnbu21uz71.jpg

Nike Travis Scott shoes have been "postponed"

Silence from Dior right now...

Travis Scott’s Dior Collab Is on Hold

The fallout from Astroworld continues as
Travis Scott’s new fashion collaboration with Dior is put on pause. This is just one of the rapper’s big projects to be temporarily scrapped in the aftermath of the Astroworld Festival tragedy, which ended with 10 people dead.

Dior announced the news on Tuesday, December 28, saying in a statement that it was hitting pause on their planned collab “out of respect for everyone affected by the tragic events at Astroworld.” The company had planned to release a collaboration with Scott’s Cactus Jack line in the summer of the new year. It even teased a first look at the exclusive line during Paris Fashion Week in June. The company’s statement continued, “Dior has decided to postpone indefinitely the launch of products from the Cactus Jack collaboration originally intended to be included in its Summer 2022 Collection.” Scott’s team is reportedly saying that the decision to postpone the Dior-Cactus Jack line was mutual. And it’s unclear if the line will ever be released.

Earlier this month, Scott lost another brand partnership when his Cacti hard seltzer was put on hold. “After careful evaluation, we have decided to stop all production and brand development of CACTI Agave Spiked Seltzer,” a spokesperson for Anheuser-Busch said at the time. “We believe brand fans will understand and respect this decision.” Before that, in November, Nike postponed the brand’s Air Max 1 x Cactus Jack release due to the Astroworld Festival; Fortnite reportedly stopped selling the “Out West” emote that used Scott’s song, “Out West,” and the production company Mega64 also “terminated” their relationship with Scott.

For his part, Scott has remained silent on his business fallout from the Astroworld Festival, though he did address the tragedy in an interview with Charlamagne tha God. “These people that came to the show, they are my family,” he said at the time. “I just want to always be there for them and always be able to know that I’m gonna fix this for future people and find a solution to making sure that this doesn’t happen in the future.”

In the meantime, Scott is facing multiple lawsuits from festival attendees and others — as of December 8, over 300 lawsuits had been filed against the rapper — and investigations into what exactly happened at the Festival are ongoing.
thecut.com

please someone stop this Kim person from wasting fabrics!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->