Do you buy shoes without wearing them afterwards?

noanoa

Reaction score
I am wondering, if this happens from time to time to other shoe maniacs too:

You see a wonderful pair of shoes, fall in love and buy it - but later on you find out, that you have no use for them.

e.g.
- the style wouldn't match with your wardrobe
- the colour is beautiful but wouldn't go with anything
- you fear your boyfriend would freak out seeing you wearing your 100th pair of expensive shoes
- the shoes are incredibly beautiful but probably killing you
etc.

And still, you could never seperate with them and keep them in their boxes?

Yes all the time.. I'm actually going to gritt my teeth, get all of them together, and attempt to sell them on ebay!

But the difference between me and you is that, I have absolutely no idea why I dont wear them!!!!!!!!

Yes, and not just w/ shoes either, unfortunately :P

We should have a thread of no-wear confessions :lol: All the things in your closet that you've had for a significant amount of time that still have tags :ninja:

^ Heehee. Lucky Duck! You must have great willpower :D

I really only have one pair of shoes I don't wear because they hurt. But, I do find that I buy clothing that doesn't get worn. Usually because I buy for the life I want to lead rather than for the life I do lead!!!

I know this definitely happens to me w/ Sales. I see a cheap pair of shoes I MIGHT wear... charge 'em... and they sit in their box in my closet. :innocent:

Guilty! :sick: I bought a pair of black BCBG booties (very cute) and never wore them. I just wanted them. How silly is that?

unfortunately, im guilty of this too. and not only with shoes... but also with clothes and bags.

i really need to think things over before making a purchase.

anyway, if i dont use or wear them, i do give them away as presents.

FoxyC said:
Yes all the time.. I'm actually going to gritt my teeth, get all of them together, and attempt to sell them on ebay!
Here's an idea: all of us who do that should get together and go on ebay, calling ourselves the NoWear Boutique!:lol:

muttley said:
unfortunately, im guilty of this too. and not only with shoes... but also with clothes and bags.

Guilty as charged. I used to constantly buy things I would never wear/use - shoes, handbags, clothes, make up, et al. I've gotten better but every once in a while I still revert back to my old ways :blush:

Yes yes and yes...to everything. My family, friends and boyfriend have already given up hope of me ever coming to my senses..... :ninja:

oh yes I have a couple of pairs I'm going to sell on ebay (someday)... lol

yes ive got about 7 pairs that have never left the box :( and about an other 10 that have been worn once

Yeah I own a few pars which I have never worn or worn only once :shock:

Yes, definately.
Sometimes its because they felt like comfy old slippers in the shop and instuments of torture on my feet.
Often (& with clothes & bags too) its because it seemed like a good idea at the time to get them! Glad there are plenty of others like me out there.

I bought a pair of black ankle boots last winter and I've worn them about three times. perhaps I should just force myself to wear them and try to think of some outfits they would go with

A lot of shoes I own, I hope to wear... but I don't dress up a lot... I"m a flip flop kind of person... but I try to break out the nice ones every once in a while

yes, but I get so mad at myself when months pass by and I see them brand new in the box.
I have a pair of Blahniks, that I bought because I loved them, and have not wore them once... its not cute. It was a waste of $, and ebay seems so inconvenient for me...

So glad to hear that I am not alone...

A year ago, I bought a pair of René Caovillas: black velvet slingbacks with very long marabou feathers on the front part that would touch the ground when walking - they were on sale and dramatically reduced, so I thought I could wear them out for theatre or opera. Very stupid -appearantly, these shoes were made for the boudoir or red carpet only.

Also, I purchased the YSL slides with the lips on Yoox. I just had to have them because I really wanted to own something that was designed by Tom Ford before he left. I have never worn them because the colour maroon (a redish brown) wouldn't match with anything in my wardrobe and it is impossible to wear them with jeans because the jeans would contantly slip underneath the slides. Anyway, I am keeping them for sentimental reasons and I might have the right outfit for them one day - they are classics, aren't they?

I have 7 pairs of shoes that I have never worn and I am still convinced I will wear them soon... I force myself not to buy shoes anymore that I don't really need, but I am to weak, shoes are wonderful toys.

PS: wouldn't it be a good idea to post the shoes and to see if anybody comes up with suggestions about wearing those shoes with what kind of outfit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->