Do you buy shoes without wearing them afterwards?

noanoa said:
So glad to hear that I am not alone...

Also, I purchased the YSL slides with the lips on Yoox. I just had to have them because I really wanted to own something that was designed by Tom Ford before he left. I have never worn them because the colour maroon (a redish brown) wouldn't match with anything in my wardrobe and it is impossible to wear them with jeans because the jeans would contantly slip underneath the slides. Anyway, I am keeping them for sentimental reasons and I might have the right outfit for them one day - they are classics, aren't they?
Not only classics - one of the fashion mags (Bazaar? Vogue?) noted that they are even now being hoarded as collectibles. I'm keeping the YSL gladiator sandals from 2001/2 and the Prada satin mules from the same year for that reason.

Yes, but not often.

I have a pair of pink sneakers that have been sitting in my closet, unworn, for two years. I don't know why I bought them. I don't wear sneakers, nor do I wear the colour pink. I guess they just looked cute in the store.

noanoa said:
So glad to hear that I am not alone...

A year ago, I bought a pair of René Caovillas: black velvet slingbacks with very long marabou feathers on the front part that would touch the ground when walking - they were on sale and dramatically reduced, so I thought I could wear them out for theatre or opera. Very stupid -appearantly, these shoes were made for the boudoir or red carpet only.

Also, I purchased the YSL slides with the lips on Yoox. I just had to have them because I really wanted to own something that was designed by Tom Ford before he left. I have never worn them because the colour maroon (a redish brown) wouldn't match with anything in my wardrobe and it is impossible to wear them with jeans because the jeans would contantly slip underneath the slides. Anyway, I am keeping them for sentimental reasons and I might have the right outfit for them one day - they are classics, aren't they?

I have 7 pairs of shoes that I have never worn and I am still convinced I will wear them soon... I force myself not to buy shoes anymore that I don't really need, but I am to weak, shoes are wonderful toys.

PS: wouldn't it be a good idea to post the shoes and to see if anybody comes up with suggestions about wearing those shoes with what kind of outfit?

There is a thread called "What to wear it with?" that already exists :wink: :flower:

There are some shoes I don't wear at all, because I see them as art. :blush:

i agree with the above!

i also have some shoes i don't wear because i "collect" them. i like to get the runway shoes on sale for a bit, and if they're super impractical, i put em up on the shelf and look at them.

shoes like the fall 2003 runway prada platform slingback loafers or the guccis with mink on satin ribbon and snake heel :smile:

shoes are totally fun:blush:

Yes, I'm quilty too! But mine are second hand buys so I really think it doesn't count :P

noanoa said:
You see a wonderful pair of shoes, fall in love and buy it - but later on you find out, that you have no use for them.

Well DUH. :wink:

this happens to me ALL THE TIME. of my 100+ pairs ive probably worn 1/3 of them 3 or fewer times. believe it or not as i wear heals 90% of the time most of these unworn pairs are sneakers and flipflops, although with summer starting to peak i might have to accomodate accordingly

i try to wear everything i've bought at least once. i try to get my money's worth out of something. like i bought this members only jacket for 50 cents and it was a little torn apart but wearable so i wore it maybe 8-10 times and i DEFINITELY feel like i got more out of it than i paid for it.

I do this constantly, I don't know why I even bother buying designer shoes anymore as I only ever wear converses and flip flops. I don't care to think about how much money I have thrown away on shoes that I do not and will not wear.

I forgot my rule recently, which is to never buy anything with a heel. I fell in love with some Balenciaga sandals - they are so high I can't even take one step forward in them - I'm just not a heels wearer - I'm sure most other people would manage though.

I am parting with them though, I put them on ebay. :(

I now keep my designer shoe habit to just one or two pairs a season - because it's pointless to own more - I don't go to bars, dinner or clubs, so where would I wear such a fancy creation?

Last edited by a moderator:
FoxyC said:
Yes all the time.. I'm actually going to gritt my teeth, get all of them together, and attempt to sell them on ebay!

But the difference between me and you is that, I have absolutely no idea why I dont wear them!!!!!!!!

we're on the same boat. but i don't think i can sell them on ebay. i'd cry :cry:

I definaltey have that problem, I sell mine that I never wear on eBay, but the price drops dramatically from what I payed, hate to see all that money wasted!

I bought a pair of Bottega Veneta last year in Italy (50% off). They're black pumps with white stitching and they're adorable.

However, they destroy my feet. This is why I've only worn them like 3 times, not that great for a 250 euro pair of shoes. :neutral:
I hate when this happens.:angry: I'm going to take them to a consign shop (depot-vente).

Lady Muck said:
I forgot my rule recently, which is to never buy anything with a heel. I fell in love with some Balenciaga sandals - they are so high I can't even take one step forward in them - I'm just not a heels wearer - I'm sure most other people would manage though.

I am parting with them though, I put them on ebay. :(

I now keep my designer shoe habit to just one or two pairs a season - because it's pointless to own more - I don't go to bars, dinner or clubs, so where would I wear such a fancy creation?

Same here. I love heels but I don't wear them. I have many pairs of Manolos sitting in the closet. I just can't resist owning them once I try them on.

Happens to me all the time :cry:

For 2 reasons;

-Either the shoes are "too expensive to wear" (I can`t risk my 520 Euro Satin Louis Vuitton Pumps getting dirty!)
-or "I just had to have them" (because they`re YSL, Sergio Rossi etc) and ignored the fact that they were a size too small/too tight/not matching my style etc

It totally pisses me off that I literatlly have a room full of Designer Shoes and only wear my cheap ones! :yuk:

I do the same thing!:cry: Except I don't have all the designer names you guys have, but I still do it with my lowbrow fashion/student-budget items (shoes, clothes, purses, jewelery, make-up, etc). I try to justify those purchases by telling myself that I do wear them - in my room, walking around in front of my mirror!:lol:

haha, yes.

i have several, like you guys...but i think it is pretty much a given if you are obsessed with shoes like me.

yup, it's more "- the shoes are incredibly beautiful but probably killing you
etc." than the other reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->