Do you insure your handbag collection?

marcy248

Reaction score
I was updating my renter's insurance to include some new pieces of jewelry and I started thinking about my purses. Does anyone here insure their handbags?

Yes, I do. I think it's a good idea if you have expensive designer handbags. It's really a small fee to pay if anything should happen.

If I had Hermes, Bottega Veneta or anything super-expensive/rare Id definately insure them. My current bags, while expensive and loved, aren't really worth the effort.

i think this is a great idea... i'm not at the point where i need to do this, but i was wondering how much does it cost annually to add purses to your insurance policy?

If you already have an insurance for your house, car, animals, etc. it's really not much. I live in Norway and pay maybe 50$ annually to insure special articals like a handbag. My guess is that it's even cheaper in the US. If I where you I'd call my insurance company and ask.

Ingvildel: What do you say to your insurancecompany when you call them to insure your purses?

I do not have any purses worth enough to insure them yet, but I think it's a good idea if the purses are worth over a certain price.

Well, I'm going to call tomorrow and ask about prices. For instance, I have a chanel cerf tote which was 1800 dollars. I have pieces of jewelry that were less than that which I have specifically insured, so it makes sense to me to protect this investment as well.

You probably just want to ask your agent if there's any limitation on this type of item. If there is, you need to make sure your bag collection falls under the limit, and if not, add on to raise it. There's always a limit on jewelry, often collectibles as well, but you just need to find out how your insurance company categorizes this item, I would think ... :unsure:

Now that I have a house, my limits are pretty high ... but I remember when I had renters' insurance and bought some expensive photographs, I checked on the percentage of my total insured amount for which I was covered when household goods were off premises (at the framers'). This limit was too low, so I raised my total amount. This limit covers you if something is stolen when it's not under your roof, which would def apply to a bag potentially ...

ingvildel said:
Yes, I do. I think it's a good idea if you have expensive designer handbags. It's really a small fee to pay if anything should happen.

Wow.
How exactly does it work?
Like it covers it incase of flood or what?:blink:

Anette, I got my boyfriend to call because all out insurances are in his name. But I just asked him and he told me he just said "I want to insure a handbag, how much does it cost?" or something like that. He had to tell the value of the bag and then hold the line while the guy he talked to checked it out. (It was about 200 NOK for one handbag worth 9000 NOK.)

But what I didn't know was that the insurance-guy convinced him to get a better house/furniture-insurance instead. It costs 400 NOK more a year than the one we had and covers all out stuff worth up to 20000 NOK pr. article even if we take it outside the house. It covers any damage, also if I loose it myself or a dog/cat eats it :lol:

I guess it varies what the insurance covers so I think it would be a good idea to ask what it covers, etc. when you talk to the insurance company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->