Donna Karan FW 2024.25 by Mikael Jansson

In the continuing efforts to revive the Donna Karan New York collection, an iconic group of supermodels have posed for the latest fall campaign.

Donna Karan New York will unveil its fall campaign on Thursday, continuing a revival begun last spring. “Reflections on Women” recognizes the multifaceted nature of modern women.

The ad campaign was photographed by Mikael Jansson and styled by Jessica Diehl. Trey Laird, who has had done ad campaigns in the past for G-III’s DKNY and Karl Lagerfeld brands, in addition to working with Karan’s original company on campaigns, is the creative director.

This past spring Donna Karan New York relaunched the brand with the “In Women We Trust” campaign, breathing new life into Karan’s legacy and story. The campaign featured multiple generations of women as brand storytellers, resonating with a broad audience and “giving the brand immediate relevance,” according to the company. The supermodel lineup last spring featured Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Amber Valletta, Shalom Harlow, Carolyn Murphy, Imaan Hammam, Karlie Kloss and Liya Kebede.

The fall campaign introduces another iconic group of eight women building on the success of the spring ads. They each share a history with the brand, and embody Karan’s past, present and future. They are Valletta, Hammam, Christy Turlington, Alek Wek, Karen Elson, Eva Herzigova, Edie Campbell and Liu Wen.

Set against modern reflective gold and mirrors, the group is captured in various combinations by Jansson, each reflecting a different element of womanhood. Jansson has worked with the brand for more than 25 years.

“It’s an amazing group of women, and I love the throughline of Donna Karan in us all,” Turlington said.

The campaign will roll out in all Donna Karan social channels, highlighting this new group of women and sharing their individual stories. The campaign will be amplified with a 360-degree approach across North America through a diversified media mix of high-visibility digital, print and premium outdoor.

The fall 2024 collection, which highlights burnout fabrics, textured jacquards, supple leather and suede, will be available in North America in select retailers starting Thursday and on donnakaran.com. Other elements in the collection are a predominantly black and gray palette punctuated with vibrant accents or the liquid satin emulating wet pavement. There is a series of looks in olive green and gold, and dresses with angles and cutouts that contour and enhance the body.

Building upon the relaunch, pieces allude to signature archival designs while responding to contemporary lifestyle dressing. Highlights include outerwear in chic belted silhouettes, feminine draping and polished separates in textured tweeds and jacquard; luxe cashmere knits bringing day to night, and fluid evening looks in liquid-like sequins and velvet. The collection also features tailored chalk-stripe coats and relaxed trousers as well as formfitting dresses. In addition to shades of silver, steel, beech and loden are metropolitan red, and black and white. There are also graphic prints.

Shoes in new shades correspond to the fall silhouettes, including pointed-toe slingbacks, pumps and boots accented with touches of gold hardware, a signature of the brand. Handbags showcase crafted hardware details, including such looks as top-handle bags to practical satchels. The bags are reimagined from the archives or carried over from the prior season.

wwd.com

I love that it captures the essence of DK. These will look iconic on a giant Times Square billboard especially the group.

It's all just so tasteful, elegant, classic and quintessential Donna Karan. What a terrific lineup of women, love the inclusion of Eva Herzigova. Mikael Jansson has photographed everyone to perfection, love the colours, the studio backdrops and the styling.

Remember Donna Karen was part of Harvey Weinstein's circle for a long time?
This kind of slogan 'In women we trust' is very similar to Victoria's Secret washing rebranding
I love the pictures and casting her (except Edie), very expensive looking and all of them look fantastic
But this ad doesn't feel sincere at all, very forced and fake motion-wise
I can see women who watch MSNBC or CBS in their 50s and 60s buying these clothes though

Seen this in the September issue of Vogue. It is stunning and I love these women - Edie is out of place, as was pointed out. I can't wait to see this on billboards. Great work. Excellent casting.

Still don't see the full relevancy of Donna Karan in this day and age, but I'm far FAR away from the ideal client for this so it would be hard for me to get. I appreciate the the maturity and old glamour seduction in this. It's all just kind of there for the sake of it (with great models... bar Edie. Although slicking back her hair would have helped).

Like I feel with a lot of the campaigns this season around, it would serve as a pretty decent editorial or advertorial. As a campaign, it just doesn't feel enough.

I do have a soft spot for Eva though. Something about her now I think has a much more sophisticated elegance and coquettish-ness than her 90's self. She really has aged wonderfully.

Remember Donna Karen was part of Harvey Weinstein's circle for a long time?
There are plenty of people who were happy to move in those circles at the time, some of them in public, others more in private.

There are plenty of people still operating in the worlds of fashion and celebrity who appear to have washed their reputations clean of their deep associations with now-discredited names, while others have much lesser amounts of mud stick to their names like superglue. Seems they weren't canny enough to gather enough insurance for the moment when the party ended and everyone started pointing fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegodline
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->