Donna Karan F/W 08.09 : Kate Moss by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Saracita

Reaction score
cp3.jpg

WEST TO EAST: After using Kate Moss for the sultry, Havana-inspired "Nueva York" images in the spring campaign, Donna Karan is turning to the supermodel once again for fall. Photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, the mood of the ads evokes the glamour of the Orient Express. "There's a romantic classicism, a little darkness, an Eastern European kind of decadence," Karan said. "She was on a train...on the go, but feels intimate and sexy at the same time."

But Moss didn't actually get to take the Orient Express. The images were shot at Union Station in downtown Los Angeles, and also feature several pieces from Karan's new handbag launch. "It's about the woman on the go," the designer said. "We wanted the shots to be more about the woman and how the bag is working with her."

Karan's won't be the only luxury campaign featuring a supermodel this fall. As reported, Prada will feature Linda Evangelista; Chanel and Ferragamo are using Claudia Schiffer; Naomi Campbell is in Yves Saint Laurent; Eva Herzigova is in Louis Vuitton, and Christy Turlington is in Escada.

— Marc Karimzadeh and Antonia Sardone
wwd

Who hashes up these themes on old supermodels? Let some fresh new girls get a chance..Linda Evangelista looks like a grandmother.

Who hashes up these themes on old supermodels? Let some fresh new girls get a chance..Linda Evangelista looks like a grandmother.

oh god not that again.
but i do think kate needs to stfd.

Who's the guy walking away in the background? Probably Mark Vanderloo right?

Kate looks stunning, I can not wait to see more :smile:
thanks for starting the thread :flower:

oh god not that again.
but i do think kate needs to stfd.
Its pretty tired by now isnt it, how uneccessary to call anyone a "grandmother" & "old" because they are not a 18 year old girl anymore.:rolleyes:

I like the theme, but need to see more ads and in bigger size to make a final judgment.

I quite like this. I'll have to see it in bigger size but it looks better than last season! thank you saracita :flower:

Love the theme of it so far, and I can never get bored of Kate.

Its pretty tired by now isnt it, how uneccessary to call anyone a "grandmother" & "old" because they are not a 18 year old girl anymore.:rolleyes:

I like the theme, but need to see more ads and in bigger size to make a final judgment.

Ugh, I agree so much. All these supermodels look great, ESPECIALLY Linda.

I like this. I think Kate is a good choice for these kind of ads. ^_^

i don't yet what to think ... i'm such a Kate's afficionados that i can't be bad with her ...

but i like the fact it seems to be following previous season theme ...
she's back from her summer trip ....
but with all those bags on Kate, i would believe it's a commercial for Longchamp ....

This whole Kate/M&M vibe is so NOT Donna Karan......not even a little bit.

Same as with last season, this campaign would've been so much better had it been shot by someone like Mikael Jansson, who has done DK so many times before.

And it does get extremely boring and tired having to see the same five past-their-prime models in a campaign EVERY season as if they're the only beautiful models on the face of the earth.

Kate looks gorgeous in this ad. I love the colour tones as well! :wub: I didn't like the collection, but this makes it look nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->