Doo.Ri F/W 12.13 New York

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
Even without the mention of Butoh in Doo-Ri Chung’s show notes, it was obvious from the get-go that there was a modern-dance influence in motion. The models emerged with washed-out faces, their hair pulled into slicked-back buns with a headband and their bodies completely covered up for the most part in jersey draping, Chung’s speciality, here spun in an ultramodest, intellectual direction. It was a very specific look — perhaps too forced — with a lot of turtlenecks, some on tight tops with a twist at the bust; others in languid dresses that swamped the girls’ bodies.
wwd

doo-ri-01.JPG
doo-ri-02.JPG
doo-ri-03.JPG
doo-ri-04.JPG

Stunning minimalism, clean lines, beautiful movement, detail of the leather against other fabric. The colourpalette in general is quite soft to the eyes, adaptive while the shapes are elegant to the point of being stoic.

i have a soft spot for doo.ri, so i really like a lot of this :heart:

looks like she used really soft, nice materials that would feel good on your skin

Last edited by a moderator:
Great movements in the clothes, quite basic looks but still appealing. Yet the color palette is way too tame even for Fall that it kinda kills the excietement for me.

^agree, these lothes are very simple and basic but really stunning at the same time.

I LOVE the draping!!! And the jackets are spectacular!!!! Just lovely!!! Great, great collection!

As usual, Doo Ri impresses: this is so sophisticated and wearable at the same time. I love some of the spidery web cut outs and the moss-olive green is a nice shot of colour. Beautiful collection.

She is such a fantastic designer. She is like a modern day Donna Karan :heart:

Very pretty draping.. and lines. :heart:

She's good for winter collections.. I wish her vision translated this well for summer ideas.

I don't think I've ever loved draping as much as I do now:heart: This would also probably be my favourite Doo.Ri collection as well.

I think this is my favorite collection so far. I LOVE the first outfit! I love how this is minimal and relaxed yet elegant! I love how some of it looks so very cosy. Nice! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->