Doo.Ri S/S 10 New York

jegg

Reaction score
Style.Com
NEW YORK, September 16, 2009
By Nicole Phelps
Doo-Ri Chung, edgy? This is the designer who built her brand on slinky jersey dresses. But edgy is how she described her focused Spring collection, which was inspired in general by metals and specifically by an installation created by artist Annette Messager, My Wish Is Under Netting. What that meant is that many of the show's abbreviated cocktail dresses, sweet little blouses and shorts, tanks, and bubble skirts were swagged in thin chains or overlaid with tulle netting. It also meant that the majority of the 30 looks were gray or silver. The quilted silk opal dress that opened the show was a simple, streamlined knockout. Another look, with ruched gray tulle front and back, and silver sequins on the sides, was its sexy, curvy counterpoint. But what got the audience scribbling approvingly was the arrival of a royal blue frock, its bodice tucked and folded like a fan, and a blush jersey cocktail number dripping in chains. No surprise there. Even the edgiest girls need a hit of sweetness once in a while.

K. I post.

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

style.com

After a stunning Fall collection, this is quite mediocre..too many cocktail dresses and she's straying into Sophia Kokosalaki's territory. Nothing's a standout of this, its disappointing

ohh i love it!
Really... I didnt know this designer!
I like her clothes, elegants, chic...
Also, I like her mode to play with forms.

After a stunning Fall collection, this is quite mediocre..too many cocktail dresses and she's straying into Sophia Kokosalaki's territory. Nothing's a standout of this, its disappointing
Exactly, kiddo. I almost feel guilty for getting my hopes up but I was excited to see doo.ri last night and when I found the show.. I felt a little bummed to realise last season's was apparently a unusual moment of inspiration only.. this is unfortunately, as insipid as chung's collections have always been. :(

I like it quite a bit :unsure:

Can we please talk about how cute she looked at the end? Love her outfit!

Terribly disappointing... some of it is even borderline ugly, mainly those awful shiny fabrics. There is just something so irrelevant about the collection. This could be anyone's work, really. Doo.Ri is usually quite hit or miss but there is always relevancy to her work, this is just so mundane and mass-production looking...

I wish she would play around with fabrics the way she once did. Like that miraculous collection with the wool pieces...

the sophia equation....that's exactly what i was thinking too!! eek. and a very bland attempt indeed. not a great showing,imo.

i can hear those cash registers ringing. nothing revolutionary, but she gives us much edgier versions of the cocktail dresses and separates everyone needs anyway.

oh this is stunning

majorly dissapointed...a couple years back i was loving the Doo.Ri feminine silhouettes. bummer

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->