Doogie Howser Publically Announces That He is Gay

cosmogrl5

Fashionably Late
Reaction score
I guess there has been some speculation....

Neil Patrick Harris Publicist: He's Not Gay

burtka_harris_1.jpg
A publicist for actor Neil Patrick Harris has issued a statement following a report on Canada.com that Harris had helped his "longtime sweetheart" David Burtka land a role on the TV sitcom How I Met Your Mother. Here's the item that sent publicist pens aflutter:
"Nepotism is alive and well in Hollywood. Former Doogie Howser star Neil Patrick Harris, 33, recently got his longtime sweetheart David Burtka, 31, a guest role on his series How I Met Your Mother (airing Wednesday nights on CH). Burtka is an experienced theatre actor (he played opposite Bernadette Peters in Gypsy on Broadway and starred in the touring company of Beauty and the Beast) but also had small parts on episodes of The West Wing and Crossing Jordan."
The publicist reportedly claims of Harris: "He's not of that persuasion."

http://www.towleroad.com/2006/11/neil_patrick_ha.html

I think it's common knowledge that Doogie is gay. but i HATE that Perez Hilton is trying to out him. WTF? It's none of his business. I'm not gay but I've seen my friends struggle with their sexuality/deciding when to come out. Upsets me to no end...:angry:

NPH's best role ever: Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle.

Who the hell is this "Doogie Howser" person? And why do I think he's gay again? Does he sleep with men, or other homosexual activities?

The whole coming out thing confuses me. I don't know, to me...it makes no difference who you love. It always shocks me when people get upset over it...gayness is AWESOME, it just means there are more people in the world to go around and stop loneliness XD Who could hate that?

^ I agree that it stinks that people feel like they cannot just admit it. On one hand, they may feel it may hurt their careers because people will have trouble believing them in "straight roles," which I think is funny. I mean, they ARE paid to ACT, aren't they? They may also feel that their personal life is no one's business, which I understand. I also think how wonderful it would be for these stars to show that being gay is nothing someone should feel they have to hide because it could help so many young teens who may be afraid to come out themselves.

Neil Patrick Harris says he is gay

Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary. "(I) am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," Harris tells People magazine's Web site.

The 33-year-old actor said he was motivated to disclose his sexuality because of recent "speculation and interest in my private life and relationships."

Harris stars on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He started on TV as a teen, playing the namesake doctor on the series "Doogie Howser, M.D."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061104/ap_on_en_tv/people_neil_patrick_harris&printer=1

Errm ... DOogie Howser himself just released a press note denying what his publicist said:

YES DOUGIE IS GAY!!!!!

Doogie, Doogie, Doogie.

For some reason, I never thought he was straight. Didn't think he was gay either, but I can honestly say that I never thought he was straight.

EXCLUSIVE: Neil Patrick Harris Tells PEOPLE He Is Gay
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 03, 2006 06:55PM EST
Neil Patrick Harris Photo by: Zach Lipp / AdMedia
neil_patrick_harris.jpg
Neil Patrick Harris is gay – and wants to quell recent reports that he had denied it. The actor tells PEOPLE exclusively:

"The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life. Now it seems there is speculation and interest in my private life and relationships.

"So, rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love."

Harris, 33, currently stars in the CBS comedy How I Met Your Mother. He shot to fame in 1989 at age 16 when he played a teen-prodigy doctor on the hit Doogie Howser, M.D. "It was a very fast but wonderful education," he told PEOPLE in 1998.

After the show went off the air in 1993, he shook off his teen image with roles in the musicals Rent and Assassins and a wild turn as an unhinged version himself in the 2004 movie Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle.

"I'm enjoying my 30s," he told PEOPLE in 2004. "I feel like I know where I'm going. And I like where I'm going."

That's probably the best coming out statement I've ever read.

Too much celebirty gossip this week. I cannot take it.

Lonewalker said:

:huh:

mellowdrama said:
Harris, 33, currently stars in the CBS comedy How I Met Your Mother. He shot to fame in 1989 at age 16 when he played a teen-prodigy doctor on the hit Doogie Howser, M.D. "It was a very fast but wonderful education," he told PEOPLE in 1998.

Atelier said:
NPH's best role ever: Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle.
He was the best thing about that movie. Just amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybabycrzy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->