Dress Your Man

Miss New York

Reaction score
Hey, this topic will probably be abandoned faster than it took me to think of it, but I decided to give it a try anyway - because it's fun, and because it's an eternal dillema.

Why can't our men look the way we want them to? I have tried to change my boyfriend's style, but just like with Samantha in Sex and the City, the whole idea back-fired big time.

The next thing I knew, he wore his soccer uniform for a picnic with my friends (his sign of protest). Not that I minded it at all - he looks damn good when he plays soccer with his buddies on the weekends.

But hypothetically speaking, wouldn't you want to just dress your man? Whether it's a boyfriend, a brother, or a son - let's give them some ideas of what WE would like them to wear.

Attachments

• guy.jpg
    guy.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 42
i love this topic.
in fact, i've been dressing MEN more then women. and i love it. they are much more willing to change than you would think. and including my bros my ex and my dad, they all look immaculate after the makeover. :P

well it would help if I actually had a man. :lol: but the guy I like will do. he has the most repulsive sense of style! all he wears is hoodie sweatshirts, jeans (that *cough* are sometimes a wee bit too short ), and awful trainers.
normally not a versace fan, but this is quite hot. :blush: he's a musician, so he's gotta have more of an edge...besides the sleeveless shirt would show off his very fit drummer arms... :innocent:

00036.L.JPG

though ideally I love guys who dress preppier...but for some reason this particular guy would look absolutely ridiculous if he tried preppy. he's too much of a laid-back musician for that. :wink:

love that look. reminds me of my best friend (and ex) that i dress.
DIOR HOMME sleeveless fitted top
with his loose EARLs and
his SERGIO ROSSI leather sandals :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Of only my partner would get out of track-pants and uggboots in Winter, and boardshort in Summer! He's an artist and works from home but I think he carries the "slobbing around the house" thing a little too far.

I would like to throw out most of his things and take him on a huge shopping spree. I like well cut jeans that fit perfectly in all the right places :blush: :innocent: and lots of black - black turtleneck, black button-down cord shirt, black sleeveless t-shirt etc. I like a rough around the edges James Dean type look. And nothing beats a black dinnersiut. (yum)

Miss New York, thanks for a great topic. :flower:

My bf dresses very similar to me. He has such a wonderful back and chest that I like it when he wears sweaters that not quite hug, but fit exactly to his frame. I like him basically the way he is, but here's a few examples of outfits I think would look really great on him.

00076.L.JPG
00045.L.JPG

this is the DIOR HOMME tee i got my soulmate.
its so hot and he looks so hot in it.
i love it when he wears this style :blush: :heart:

Attachments

• dior.jpg
    dior.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 41
Astrid and Leyla, I love those! :heart:

PS. Leyla, love your new avatar, sorry off topic, but whose bags are they?

Originally posted by charlottesometimes@May 17th, 2003 - 8:46 am
Astrid and Leyla, I love those! :heart:

PS. Leyla, love your new avatar, sorry off topic, but whose bags are they?
OT:
thank you, they are by ANYA HINDMARCH :wink:

I love the way my boyfriend dress. He is very in to fashion.
This is his style.
00003.L.JPG
00021.L.JPG

00101.L.JPG
00007.L.JPG

I'd also love to see the guy I like in something like this. it's preppy, but casual. a musician could get away with this. :wink: I could even get him to actually wear something like this. :heart:

00042.L.JPG

Utopia, couldn't you imagine Orlando Bloom ( :heart: ) in that last outfit you posted?

My husband is dark so he looks good in light colors. I like the way he usually dresses - since I buy him most of his clothes :wink:
I would like to see him in something like this

00006.L.JPG

00022.L.JPG

ot:

Originally posted by HBoogie@May 18th, 2003 - 12:59 am
Utopia, couldn't you imagine Orlando Bloom ( :heart: ) in that last outfit you posted?

orlando bloooom.... in that outfit... :shock: forget the guy I like, he's got bad dress sense anyway. :innocent: I'll take orlando bloom. :wub:

Great topic :woot: :heart:

I usually like what my boyfriend wears, but I guess that's because I picked out most of it... :innocent:

He had absolutely no style when we first met, it was all Nike Nike Nike, with Diesel jeans (he too had a little problem with jeans that were just a little bit too short and too high waisted!). He had NO idea what kind of clothes that suited him. And he used about a ton of gel in his hair.

I like it when he dresses casual but with an edge (like me). For everyday-wear he usually wears great fitting jeans ( a little low-slung, with back pockets that sits low on the butt, and bootcut or slightly flared jeans makes his butt look great!) with a cool t-shirt or shirt. Nothing over-the-top trendy, that's not his style. In winter I love him in comfy knitted sweaters.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble convincing him to try some new outerwear, he still insists on wearing this leather jacket that I absolutely hate! It looks like it's two sizes too big, it's slouchy and icky :sick:

I've also gotten him to tone down the hair a little bit, so now it looks more casual and effortless.

I think the most important thing when dressing a guy is not straying too far away from the stuff he would normally wear, and finding the right shapes to suit his figure (some men have NO idea about this!).

Fortunately my boyfriend likes my style, and (mostly) lets me do what I want with his wardrobe, he's happy that I've helped him find a style that suits him! :flower:

Utopia..I love that "sweater" outfit!

My ideal guy...if he couldn' t be a male model, he would have to dress like one. They look soooo hott in their flair pants, tight shirts, and trucker hats. :wub: :woot: Like my boy, Ashton!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

This looks kinda like my bf, both looks and style-wise...but he'd probably wear a shirt that was a little less flashy though, and shirt untucked!

Attachments

• BFmissixty.jpg
    BFmissixty.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 60
wow all those bf dress good! :o

If I still had a bf :cry: ,I would like him to dress like this
:innocent:

00037.L.JPG
00045.L.JPG

00135.L.JPG
00001.L.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread