Drew Barrymore on Another Magazine

moussemaker

Reaction score
97_1_b.JPG

Review from ebay:

Drew Barrymore - cover star, photographed exclusively for Another Magazine. Drew looks tres glam modelling in a large fashion shoot photographed by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin. 16 pages in total, includes interview with Drew, plus the writer Nick Hornby writes about Drew (who is set to star in the film version of his 'Fever Pitch'). There are 6 full page photos of Drew plus 2 shots which are set over 2 pages. Drew also models for Lancome in a 1 page advert.

Celia Birtwell, Ossie Clark, David Hockney, photographer Eric Boman - photographed by *Peter Schlesinger* in the 1970s for this issue's Centrefold (which is a large 4 page fold-out)! PLUS on the other side a 4-page illustration by *Celia Birtwell* !! This feature is put together by Burberry designer Christopher Bailey, who is inspired by this circle of people. This is printed on strong paper which could be used as a poster. There's several photos of each of Celia, Ossie, Hockney etc and Celia is wearing obvious Ossie Clark creations of the time.

The Kills - Alison Mosshart aka VV from the Kills models in a cool black & white 10 page photo shoot. Awesome!

Jacquetta Wheeler - models in a 4 page fashion 'Denim' editorial with a male model, 4 pages; 2 topless, 1 naked.

Karen Elson - models in a 16 page beautifully shot 'White Light' fashion editorial, with some topless pics. Karen also models for Yves Saint Laurant in 2 full pages.

Ludivine Sagnier & fellow actress Arly Jover, with models Elodie Bouchez, Valentine, Alesha Dixon, Dorota, Natalie Monroe, Elettra Rossellini (Isabelli's daughter) plus musicians Nenah Cherry and Dot Allison (Death in Vegas) - model The Spring Summer 2005 Collections, 24 pages!

Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Mackenzie Crook, Simon Wood, Margo Stilley, Maria Papas and Richard Armitage - model in a 20(!!) page fashion photo story titled 'This Isn't My Birthday' and photographed by Richard Bush. Way too cool for school!

Giorgio Armani and model Ilona - A look back at the past 30 Years of Armani, with tonnes of archival photos of models, singers etc wearing his clothes, plus new model Ilona wears the S/S 2005 collection, 4 pages.

Stella McCartney, Anita Pallenberg, Willem Dafoe, Jason Schwartzmann, Martin Creed (artist), Regina Spektor, Anna Piaggi and Mihara Yasuhiro (designer) - in 'Another Thing I Wanted To Tell You'. 10 Visionaries get personal and share a passion with us. One page on each person, includes NEW photo, interview plus small write-up about each.

Iselin models 'It's All Make Believe...' 6 pages phtographed by Ola Bergengren.

Nigel Cooke - Entropic Nowhere. Master of the single-stroke brush has his artwork featured here in a 12 page story. Nigel has an exhibition at the Tate Modern beginning soon.

Model Cameron in 'Never Let Go...' fashion feature photographed by *Mario Sorrenti*, 12 pages.

Leo Gregory and Ben Whishaw - Rankin photographs 'Everything Repeats Itself' fashion shoot with Ben and Leo, styled by Kim Jones, 8 pages.

Model Querelle in 'Imagination...' fashion shoot photographed by Horst Diekgerdes, 14 pages.

Sofia Coppola, Jarvis Cocker, Rufus Wainwright, David Morrissey, Paul Simonon of THE CLASH, Keith Richards, David Sutherland, Sam Taylor-Wood, Bobby Gillespie, Stephen Frears and John Malkovich - all write in 'Another Document', a 25 page literary feature edited by Bella Freud (includes a self-portrait by her painter father Lucian).

Nadav Kander and other photographers snap gas stations around the world (Sweden, NZ etc) Stephen Shore-esque titled 'Refuel' and curated by Emma Reeves.

PLUS: The Benesse art site of Naoshima in Japan, 5 pages. Artist Jim Shaw - 1 page. American artist Tom Friedman, 14 page fature. Andrew Logan and his renegate Miss World offspring. The Morning Glory - surfing rolling clouds in Australia. Jade Jagger's new skull jewellery range for Garrard. Helmut Lang seen by Bruce Weber. Athur Bradford writes about a former leper colony island now used to discipline wayward kids, 12 pages with photos.

New Spring/Summer 2005 advertisements: Charlie Hunnam for Giorgio Armani, 2 page ad. Kate Moss models for Christian Dior; 1 photo spread over 2 pages, also Burberry; another 2 pages. Marilyn Manson and Dita Von Teese model for Vivienne Westwood, 1 page each. Lily Cole for Ballantyne Cashmere. Daria Werbowy for Chanel, 2 pages. Madonna for Versace; 2 pages. Naomi Campbell for Pinko; 1 page.

I love Another Magazine. :heart:

Pretty cover, but rather bland.

I wasn't very thrilled on Drew Barrymore on the cover, but the rest of the people included in the magazine: just awesome :flower:. Can't wait until it hits the news stands.

Wow, reminds me of Kate Moss in a way... I like it. :heart:

She looks great. The cover itself is not great, but it's alright.

I quite like it, although I think they could of done better.

she ACTUALLY looks good on this cover not the best person to choose for a cover though but at least she looks better than she usually does:rolleyes:

The contents sound intriguing! My favourite Another Magazine cover/spread/editorial was the one with Natalie Portman - she was STUNNING in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->