Dust Magazine S/S 2023 : The Spanish Issue

Very weird to place legends of Spanish cinema besides people with such tenuous claims to fame. Manu is handsome but a bad actor, Bad Gyal’s best work remains her debut album…I watched her live too and it’s anything but impressive.

A long way to say that I would rather it’d be just the Almodóvar girls and him.

They just 'HAD' to put Bimba who died years ago, hadn't they?! :rolleyes: There was no one else who was alive and interesting enough to be on a magazine cover? Gosh...

They just 'HAD' to put Bimba who died years ago, hadn't they?! :rolleyes: There was no one else who was alive and interesting enough to be on a magazine cover? Gosh...
The 23rd of this month will be The anniversary of her death

I guess they invited Luis Venegas to create a cover for the issue and as usual, he chose an archival photo for it.

Bruce La Bruce’s effort is just so predictably amateur, pedestrian, tacky: Stick to p*rn.

Had the coverstars only been iconic Spanish faces: Pedro, Penelope, Rossy, Jon, Angela, Martino etc, at least there would the credible effort of artistic integrity and high standard. I get that these rags need to throw everything/everyone and the kitchen sink up there to with no rhyme or reason, just to appease the mob— the mob that doesn’t even buy your rag, to boot. That there’s the random Black token thrown in to the mix is so… desperate, awkward, patronizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->