Eisley

Discussion in 'the Art of Noise' started by HeatherAnne, Jun 15, 2009.

1. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

Any Eisley fans out there? I love them and can't wait for their next CD.

[​IMG]

Chauntelle DuPree Guitars
    Garron DuPree Bass
    Sherri DuPree Vocals/guitars
    Weston DuPree Drums
    Stacy DuPree Vocals/keyboards

Short Bio:
    Eisley: Considered an indie on a major. Formed in 1997 in their bedroom after youngest sibling wrote their first song at 8, performed first show in '98, grow in local coffee house/rock venue, played 100's of shows as unsigned indie for 4 years ('98 - '02) in Texas, found and audience in Deep Ellum with Dallas, TX fans where label scouts sent rep's to see the band live > showcasing in LA/NY > Eisley signed w/ Warner Bros. 2 EP's + 2 Full Lengths (+ several B-side) later, Eisley's steady growth and credibility as writers / performers comes from the live side (touring). The band's undaunted commitment to their own unique, visually imaginative brand has, perhaps, curbed access to mass homogenized portals such as FM radio, though, single - "Telescope Eyes" charted on Dallas rock radio (102.1 The Edge) as 24th most played song in 2003. Indifferent to industry boundaries / conventions, Eisley continues their expansion (invasion :) centered around adherence to the their own creative style, devotion to song-crafting, commitment to on-line (relational, tangible) marketing, and an unquenchable passion for touring. Past tours include: Coldplay (Rush of BTH US/Canada tour), Brand New (Deja Entendu Tour), Snow Patrol (Final Straw Tour), Yahoo Sponsored Eisley headlining tour, New Found Glory (Catalyst Tour - 60 shows), Switchfoot (Nothing is Sound Tour), Taking Back Sunday (Louder Now Tour - Aus/UK), The Fray (How to Save a Life Tour), Mute Math (Reset Tour), plus TONS of Eisley headlining tours (Spring '08 "Combinations" tour) and festivals: Coachella, V-Fest (UK), Voo- Doo Fest, Reading and Leeds Festivals - UK. Eisley made their TV debut on Conan O'brien in August '07. Eisley is currently writing songs for record 3.

myspace.com/eisley

2. HeatherAnne

3. loverdariafreja

loverdariafreja New Member

*raises hands and waves them wildly*

4. HeatherAnne

I'm not alone, excellent!:D

According to a MySpace update the new CD will be out in late Summer or early Fall... I'm hoping that's still the case, they haven't updated their site or myspace lately.

5. jDanger

jDanger New Member

I love Eisley! Been in love with them since the first time I heard Telescope Eyes. I go to college about an hour away from their Hometown of Tyler so me and my friends go shopping there on weekends hoping we'll bump into them at Starbucks or while we're shopping. Lol!

6. trolleywood

trolleywood New Member

Been in love with this band for around 4 and 1/2 years now. I don't think it's too obvious from my name or avator

I cannot wait for the Winter 09/10 hopeful release of the new LP, hopefully some of you Americans will be able to catch them on their headline support slot w/ Say Anything and Sherri's hub.

7. HeatherAnne

Awesome, there's more of us, this thread was feeling quite lonely!

Here is a clip from the upcoming album, sounds great!

8. trolleywood

trolleywood New Member

God Stacys voice is ridic perfect. She is my ultimately favourite member/DuPree with Chauntelle closely following.

If only Stacy was about 2 inches taller, I could imagine her being a model properly.

9. jDanger

jDanger New Member

Stacy's voice is so beautiful to me as well and I get what you mean bout her being a model. I used to have the hugest girl crush on her lol!

I had a whole conversation with Sherri on facebook once, couldn't believe I actually spoke to someone in the lovely Dupree clan.

10. trolleywood

trolleywood New Member

Oh man, I still do! The girl is a month younger than me and is perfection in a little Texan package imo.

I met the band when they were over in the UK to support Taking Back Sunday and it was probably one of the only times I've been completely like oooohmygod.

I thought I should also share this gorgeous photo of Stacy.

[​IMG]
    from Sherri's facebook.

11. jDanger

jDanger New Member

She looks amazing in every photo I've ever seen of her! I love that something so amazing was made in my home state... they are representing Texas the was it should be!

(Lol! is she drinking milk?)

12. luxeyes

luxeyes New Member

I figured I'd post some pictures of the band members:D
    1.Stacy,Sherri,Chauntelle
    2.Eisley w/ New Found Glory & Paramore
    3. Sherri with her then Fiance, now husband Max Bemis of Say anything
    4. Younger Eisley with Brand New
    5. Sherri, Stacy & Chauntelle with Tom Delonge of Blink182
    6. Late 2008 Eisley

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    photocredit: strangeyellowpatterns.com

13. jDanger

jDanger New Member

I wonder if htere is any tension between Eisley, Paramore, and NFG now? Haven't heard of any drama but I know there has to be some.

14. luxeyes

luxeyes New Member

There definitely is some bitterness but they keep it to themselves which I respect, I don't think the scene needs more drama :)

15. trolleywood

trolleywood New Member

I think mostly Chad has the bitterness because he knows Sherri is doing well for herself, what with her marrying Max in April. While all he got stuck with was Hayley who is attempting to morph into Sherri slowly (but noticably) so yeah....bitterness on the Chad side, but Sherri couldn't give two hoots since she's moved on.

Now TBS/Chauntelle is the same knid of case - Adam is still a bit torn about it since the new cd New Again reeks of Chauntelle.

16. jDanger

jDanger New Member

Yeah although Adam has a wife and a kid now I think New Again is ridiculous. You can tell he is still not completely over her.

17. trolleywood

trolleywood New Member

It's even more obvious (well it was to me and my friend in their last London show) when he sings 'Everything Must Go' he leaves the mic for the last minute when he's meant to be screaming or whatever, you can notice a drop in his mood automatically when it comes near to the end of the song.

Can't blame him, Chauntelle is a complete babe and I would be gutted if I had messed up such a good thing. Chauntelle is now having a double wedding with her brother Weston and his longtime girlfriend Jessie on January 23rd and it's going to be such a great day of Chauntelle, long awaited to see her happy completely with Todd.

18. jDanger

jDanger New Member

Awww Weston and Jess getting married! She posted about the double wedding on facebook but never said who else was getting married so I thought it was just some of their good friends. That's amazing to hear, I'm really happy for them!

19. trolleywood

trolleywood New Member

Also thought I should post some Eis-Twit info for the new EP (I am ridiculously excited for this)

"Fire Kites ep" delivers 10/13. We will have them @ our merch table 10/14 @ Anaheim, House of Blues & subsequent shows w/ S.A.!

Release date for exclusive iTunes "Fire Kite ep" w/an alternate track (Eisley garage band song replaces @maxbemis eis-cover) is also 10/13!

Also, the digipac ep sold @ shows will include a small, Sherri-arty LITHO signed by the band. Like a cracker jack box, u get a prize. :)

Can't remember what Boyd said the tracklist would be - I think it was 2 new songs + Max doing a cover of Telescope Eyes and iTunes version has a garage band instead of the cover + here's a murky photo of the cover

[​IMG]

20. trolleywood

trolleywood New Member