Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I saw Karen O while shopping at H&M a couple of days ago. She's sweet,modest, and cute in person. We told her that her shows here were sold out and we couldnt get into any of them so she put us on the guest list.

^ that was lovely of her :smile: nick zinner's also lovely.

i'm going to see them soon yay :D

The new album is awesome. The sound is very different from their old stuff. Amazing transition.

im a bit late in this thread:unsure: but i love them :clap:
i like gold lion and phenomena at the moment but its all good!

great band i think, fever to tell was a very good debut, but i like show your bones better. it's more polished. fever to tell sometimes sounded like they were just doing something and didn't have a real idea what that was. now it feels like they put more thought into it. it's a bit more pop and less raw so to say. favorite tracks: rich, date with the night, y control, gold lion, honeybear, phenomena, fancy, cheated harts

i liked how raw Fever to Tell was but i like how show your bones is more melodic. my fav tracks on SYB are the louder ones though like phenomena, i heart that one :smile:

What you guys need to do is download the single "Bang" . I believe its off their first EP.
SO.F#%&IN'.FILTHY!

yeah i love BANG. so cool and dirty also. Karen O rocks.
The YYY's r coming to Australia next month but the show is nearly sold out and no one i know likes them : (

I'm going to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw them on the weekend at Splendour and they were f'ing amazing! They have so much energy and are great performers... Gold Lion rocked out so hard, I love that song!

I remember watching her perform live on the televison and she was very bouncy ballerina kate bushy rolling about on the floor eyes closed and head shake shake shaking like, it was kind of cute.

60 seconds with karen.. O

What's your style tip for summer?
Cut your hair short. A bowl haircut is the now thing. I'm on my way to get a haircut as we speak.
Your regular hairdress or a new gamble?
Same hairdresser. Seven years, man. This is a serious committed relationship.
Did this hairdresser persuade you to go for the bowl?
It came from me. My hair was getting long. Haircuts come with break-ups [Karen split with movie director Spike Jonze last year]. It's a liberating thing.
It's the new you?
Yeah, it's the new me.
The bowl always looks very shiny. What's your secret?
Well it's healthy hair, you know? I condition every day.
What's a real fashion no-no-no?
From my point of view, if you want to push the envelope, there are no rules. But, you know, the bare midriff should be frowned upon. You need to leave something to the imaginiation.
So Paris Hilton...?
Oh no! I'm not keen on the little-dog-in-handbag look.

UK Elle August 2006

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->