Elie Saab HC F/W 08.09 Paris

The bride is gorgeous. I don't think anyone can deny that. Although the dresses are beautiful (what else do you expect from Saab?), they are a bit heavy and unoriginal. Some of the dresses looked disjointed and not appropriate for the line, as much as it was meant to look cohesive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been a huge Elie Saab fan but a lot of these just look overdone and almost bordering on tacky.

What happened this season? I don't like this at all. It all looks so cheap and the embellishment is way too much this season. The heavy decoration on top and the use of some of the shiny fabrics just doesn't look good. I hardly every call a collection ugly but dare I say this is UGLY. There's always next season..

very 1940'simo and very pritty but so not my style.. i do love the black and grey lacey teared dresses though :heart: but generally abit meh nothing standing out to me or particualy memorable or striking tbh

it's not my cup of tea.
I don't like the color palette.
the silhouettes are not attractive enough for me, too.

I can imagine Elie Saab in his atelier sitting on his table drawing sketches with all pictures of Beyonce around him.
The shiny fabric is horrible! I thought his collections were elegant? I guess I'll have to change my thoughts now. I only like the blue dress on Ai.

I know this is a bit late, but I've just looked at this collection now and I think its the most beautiful thing. I love all the dresses, its so romantic and just overall stunning, IMO. :heart::heart:

Full Show and Full Original Soundtrack

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->