Elizabeth and James : by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen

They say it's affordable just as "Marc by Marc Jacobs" is compared to the main line... or "&" is to Dolce & Gabbana... not for everybody, but definetly a lot more people...

^^ well I agree. E&J is basicaly the same price as The Row. The thing is I could affrod them, but honestly for basics I prefer to buy more elaborated pieces for that price, but I may surender soon and buy one V-neck from The Row or a blouse from E&J. We must admit they seems really good quality and good investment.

...hope it's not too off topic because there are thread for both of the lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly what they are avoiding. That is why the olsen name is not on any of their new lines, they don't want kids to buy their stuff. They are now aiming at high fashion and they want the line to fall in the same category as couture. I bet if it wasn't mentioned that the Olsen's own the lines no one would have guessed it was from them. I actually think it's great what they are trying to do and it seems very successful so far, just imagine the money they are raking in with E&J and The Row.

They want their "affordable" line to fall into a couture category?:huh: I get that they want a fashionable and sophisticated line and they are not trying to market to tweens at this point. There isn't much difference between The Row and EJ in my opinion and there is a great scale of difference between The Row and their Walmart line. I thought by their own descriptions this line was going to be an inbetween and actually be affordable. My point is is that they would have had more success marketing to not neccessarily "kids" (I think the majority of their fans have grown up with them now) but youth with some sort of dispensable income. Dualstar (Walmart) has made these girls billionaires I'm sure Ej & The Row will not even come close.

is it too much to ask for a clothing line aimed towards girls like themselves minus a few millions lol. i mean i am not asking for a line like kate moss at topshop but something normal like marc by marc jacobs. im okay with spending 100 bucks on a plain white tee but i draw the line with the e&j line. i thought they finally answered my prayers too lol

well, all the clothes i really like are out of my budget, so this is nothing new. but i have a feeling id sooner spend the extra $$ on a great pair of louboutins or marc jacobs than E&J. but then again, i guess the market theyre going for can easily afford that stuff and probably wouldnt know it was by Ash and MK.

If someone wants a similar pair of wedges like the black ones she's wearing in the smoking candids these look very close http://www.jildorshoes.com/product.cfm/hurl/The_New_Modern_Bette_Black_Leather/PI=46028
angela, good find, they do look close.

Just saw the looks on Neiman Marcus online. They're not bad.....I'm just not that excited about another Philip Lim/Cynthia Vincent/Theory type of line. It's just not....fresh. I'll rather pay more for real fashion, not just clothes.

I adore the hooded dress. I have no where to wear it but who cares? I want it.
The thing I find disappointing about E&J is that they (the olsens) don't seem to understand that Walmart and Neiman Marcus are two polar opposites on the spectrum of retail. There is certainly an in between like a mall store or less prestigous department store like Macy's. Being affordable doesn't have to mean Walmart prices and being quality doesn't have to mean hundreds of dollars at an exclusive store.

^Ashley Olsen said she was good at seeing 'voids' in the market, but I think you have pointed out a void that seems a little more obvious than the upscale contemporary market. There are already a ton of labels out there that are doing what E&J is attempting to, but I can't think of any labels that provide similar cuts at department store prices. :flower:

I saw the line on Neimans too. It is not amazing design, but does look like some good staple pieces. I have been looking for some good skinny black pants that are not jeans. Their version looks hopfull, although it will no be shipped to November!

995$ fox fur coat at intermixonline.
i think it is potentially risky to use fur so early in their collections.

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 692
^ a BIG NO § Not because of the fur because i personally like it but the whole coat is just WRONG

the coat is really ugly - I think they should leave the fur to Valentino and Fendi and houses that know how to do it and do it with class.

that coat looks fake and cheap and like its bought at Target !

i saw that coat today at neiman's and it's really nice...
the finishing and fabrics are good quality...
i'm not a fan of the fur, but it's definitely not cheap looking...
the collar comes off too, btw...

Neiman's is sold out of the backless hoodie dress! I finally have the money to get it and now I can't find it. :(

justjared

Lauren Conrad Goes Blonde… Legally Blonde!

Lauren Conrad and The Hills costars Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port hit up the special MTV taping of Legally Blonde: The Musical at NYC’s Palace Theater on Thursday. Watch the trio introduce the show from their seats!

Pictured at the pink carpet event: MTV VJ Damien Fahey, singer Kat DeLuna, ANTM’s CariDee English and Kim Stolz and Laura Bell Bundy, who plays the lead role of Elle Woods, for which she received her first Tony Award nomination for Best Leading Actress in a Musical.

Lauren wore a Mint by Jodi Arnold dress and Max Studio shoes. Audrina’s dress is from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s contemporary sportswear line Elizabeth and James. Whitney wore a hot pink Catherine Malandrino bubble dress. All three decked out in jewelry by Elyse Jeanne, Allison Daniel, Melanie Auld and Hayluv.

Broadway’s perkier-than-thou musical smash, Legally Blonde, will premiere on MTV on Saturday, Sept. 29.

Audrina is the one on the left, incase you didn't know! :flower:

Attachments

• audrinaelizandjamesdress.jpg
    audrinaelizandjamesdress.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 26
About the Coat - it sold out, EVERYWHERE like ASAP in ny, cause i had to search for it for a client.. and why is everyone so stuck on the price issue. If you have to ask.. you cant Afford it. Move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->