Elizabeth and James : by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen

yes, $145 for a zippered leggins is a bit too much, but other than that, i dont see why people are complaining here.

the line is carried by neiman marcus.
its really not that different from marc by mj / phillip lim / rebecca taylor etc.
people dont have any problems with those brands going at similar prices, so i dont understand what the problem is. why so bitter?

keep in mind, marc by mj is supposed to be "affordable" in high end dept language. when they said affordable, they obviously werent thinking forever 21. forever 21 is called dirt cheap.. affordable is affordable compared to fine apparel...

i cant exactly afford this stuff either, except for one or two items if theyre on sale.
but whats the big deal? tons of young people still shop at intermix/NM/barneys dropping $$$ every day. not EVERYONE can afford it easily, but so what. the clothes look good and they will still sell.

here's what everyones complaining about.

The Row, the other olsen line was supposed to be high end priced clothes and they are priced the same as Elizabeth and James.

When they talked about Elizabeth and James they said it would be far cheap and for the women who understands fashion and doesnt neccesarily want to pay the price.

When they said that i was thinking esprit, guess, french connection, nine west and lines like that. I guess you can say the more expensive mall stores.

The ones complaining are fans of mk and ash and just disappointed to the false advertisement of being a cheaper version of the row - especially those who cant exactly afford the row line( college students).

Another argument is why have another line when the prices are the same?

here's what everyones complaining about.

The Row, the other olsen line was supposed to be high end priced clothes and they are priced the same as Elizabeth and James.

When they talked about Elizabeth and James they said it would be far cheap and for the women who understands fashion and doesnt neccesarily want to pay the price.

When they said that i was thinking esprit, guess, french connection, nine west and lines like that. I guess you can say the more expensive mall stores.

The ones complaining are fans of mk and ash and just disappointed to the false advertisement of being a cheaper version of the row - especially those who cant exactly afford the row line( college students).

Another argument is why have another line when the prices are the same?
"doesnt neccesarily want to pay the price" can mean soo much. I find the prices to be very normal. and whats expensive to one person, can be dirt cheap to the other.. i dont even like reading this thread any more because its irritating to see soo many people complaing about how much it cost??... both lines are different prices.. $495 is average for a dress.. Milly, La Rok, Poleci.. Catherine Malandrino.. are all priced like that.. but no one complains. If you cant afford it.. im sad for you.. if you can.. buy more!:innocent:

yes, $145 for a zippered leggins is a bit too much, but other than that, i dont see why people are complaining here.

its really not that different from marc by mj / phillip lim / rebecca taylor etc.
people dont have any problems with those brands going at similar prices, so i dont understand what the problem is. why so bitter?

keep in mind, marc by mj is supposed to be "affordable" in high end dept language. when they said affordable, they obviously werent thinking forever 21. forever 21 is called dirt cheap.. affordable is affordable compared to fine apparel...

i cant exactly afford this stuff either, except for one or two items if theyre on sale.
but whats the big deal? tons of young people still shop at intermix/NM/barneys dropping $$$ every day. not EVERYONE can afford it easily, but so what. the clothes look good and they will still sell.

Thank You.:heart:

the red coat with the fox fur has been in the front window of my local intermix for a while. i think it looks ugly.

People should get over the prices now. You're not happy with it, we understand, you repeat it since page 01! Now let's talk about the line it's waaaay more interesting than always the same blabla concerning the prices.

Thank you.

for the designs of those stuff selling at that price point is like throwing money to burning fire, making it burn more

the designs of these stuff looks like your regular topshop, H&M, zara to me. 'watered downed designer stuff' through celebrities' eyes but with (maybe) better cuts and fabric.
but still, i wouldnt buy a piece there not because i cant afford it :ahem:, but because the design is f__king boring!

let me spare my money to a designer that does deserve the price!

edit: i support what duttyrock112 said! valid point

Last edited by a moderator:
I just pre-ordered the super skinny black pants from Bergdorff's. They won't come until early November. I'll ket you know how they are. They were $275, but I am willing to pay that for a good pair of pants regardless of the lable. Good skinny pants (not jeans or legging) are so hard to find. I am really hoping the quality and cut are good.

I will report back upon their arrival.

Does anyone have a good pic of the super skinny black pants? The zoom isnt working for me.
Thanks.

^ a BIG NO § Not because of the fur because i personally like it but the whole coat is just WRONG

Agree ! Fur coats are so lovely this season (and despite what everyone could say, I 'm totally against faux fur... looks so cheap). But this one looks really :sick:

Agreed.

i just saw in my neiman marcus in circle magazine that m-k and ashley will be doing personal appearance trunkshow for elizabeth & james in november at the beverly hills store...

justjared

Lauren Conrad Goes Blonde… Legally Blonde!

Lauren Conrad and The Hills costars Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port hit up the special MTV taping of Legally Blonde: The Musical at NYC’s Palace Theater on Thursday. Watch the trio introduce the show from their seats!

Pictured at the pink carpet event: MTV VJ Damien Fahey, singer Kat DeLuna, ANTM’s CariDee English and Kim Stolz and Laura Bell Bundy, who plays the lead role of Elle Woods, for which she received her first Tony Award nomination for Best Leading Actress in a Musical.

Lauren wore a Mint by Jodi Arnold dress and Max Studio shoes. Audrina’s dress is from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s contemporary sportswear line Elizabeth and James. Whitney wore a hot pink Catherine Malandrino bubble dress. All three decked out in jewelry by Elyse Jeanne, Allison Daniel, Melanie Auld and Hayluv.

Broadway’s perkier-than-thou musical smash, Legally Blonde, will premiere on MTV on Saturday, Sept. 29.

Audrina is the one on the left, incase you didn't know! :flower:

Ew Audrina ruined that dress, they all look terrible. :sick:

Hmm, I wouldn't say she ruined the dress. The dress itself is pretty hard to wear. Actually I think she carried it off better than most people would be able to. Just imo though.

does anyone know if there's a phone number to their showroom? Or who to talk to about the line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexica
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->