Elizabeth and James : by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen

Completely agree Kuba!... I buy Marc as well as M by MJ, they both have the same feel.

Also.. I am in Milan every summer, my family has a house there and I know friends that buy Dolce as well AS D&G! :rolleyes:

in my own person experience in sales lets say at Dolce & Gabbana, 80% of the girls who wear Dolce would not wear D&G.. they would LAUGH at the line every season.. they would call it a Joke LOL.. and i would agree with them.. i never said that secondary lines are "cheap" at all.. even in the company i work for now.. the secondary line is a completely different vision from the main line.. they dont usually sell to the same person, and it hangs in the same store.

Originally Posted by borjacapella
what does that that even mean? that hermes should start selling plastic BirkinS jsut because you cant afford one?

im sure your not throwing that comment directly to me? even reading some messages posted on your page i see you have a hott mouth on you.. i dont play those games.

im sure your not throwing that comment directly to me? even reading some messages posted on your page i see you have a hott mouth on you.. i dont play those games.

I'd rather not respond to That since I really dont think i am the one with the "hot mouth" here (we both have clearly and extensively read each other messages, and not only in this thread, haven't we?)
In case you want to go on with this discussion, which i am clearly not willing to do, you can PM me anytime and i'll be glad to write back. Lets not disturb the other members with pointless arguments about eachother's manners, please.

I'm sure its been said but i dont feel like looking...but how much will these clothes cost and where will they be sold??

theres a small feature on the line in the september issue of teen vogue. they show a fabulous short leopard fur-looking jacket. a pair of 275$ jeans and the sequin dress. the feature didnt say how much the sequin dress would be.

i think $275 for elizabeth and james jeans is too much.

^ I don't think that's too much.. Superfine jeans are $295 so ...

yes, but for that amount of money i could buy a garment from a much more prestigious brand and something that isnt made in china.

it allll comes from China. i dont care what the label says. as long as 1 stitch or button is put on a garment in italy, they can put made in italy.. even tho it was prob made in the dominican republic. so dont knock on china too much LOL cause ur probably wearing something made there and u dont even know it

it allll comes from China. i dont care what the label says. as long as 1 stitch or button is put on a garment in italy, they can put made in italy.. even tho it was prob made in the dominican republic. so dont knock on china too much LOL cause ur probably wearing something made there and u dont even know it

Just letting you know I wasn't hating on China, if your post was in response to mine. I try as much as I can to be a discerning customer, though, because I like to support my own economy when I can. At the same time, it is very important to me that companies maintain a sense of exclusivity with their customers, and even if something that I buy isn't made in the country that I live in, I need to know that a majority of that price is not overhead and that what I am paying is validated by superior craftsmanship and materials. As far as not knowing for sure where something is made, I think in most cases it is not too difficult to discover the location of a company's factories, and with the recent upset over several historic luxury goods companies moving their production to China, I think the issue of where goods are made is increasingly going to be a factor in their status-worthiness to the well-informed consumers out there. :flower:

It's nothing against China for me, but against the corporate ethics that rule over the lives of many people working in those sweatshops. Ever seen China Blue?

Citizen jeans seem ...hmm maybe they're just bad pictures on the site. They're a good price point though, compared to this range anyway.

It doesnt mean they dont get the buttons, zippers.. etc etc from over seas.

Most (good) jeans that are made in the US get their denim from Japan, and who knows where they get their buttons and zippers, but the fact that those items are from another nation doesn't affect the value of the product, which is assessed through its craftsmanship. The US and Italy, for example, have much higher standards as far as workers' rights than do China or the islands of the south Pacific, and I would much rather support nations who support their workers and aren't just out to make a pretty penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->