Elle Girl ceases publication with June/July issue

Ain't no joke I'm afraid. I kind of knew about this a few months ago from the Hachette Filipacchi ppl....

Well Ellegirl UK folded about 6 months ago....

theyve started to sell ir again im sure ive seen it about resently.. but why if the whole mag is closing down i dont understand

Aww that sucks. ElleGirl was one of my sacred magazines (There are like 5 magazines I will never rip things out of, and never let friends borrow.)

I'm so sad to hear this..ellegirl is my fav teen magazine :(

It's so sad, because Elle Girl was so fashion foward compared to the other teen magazines. Along with Teen Vouge, it was the only one that didn't feature Paris Hilton and Laguna Beach on every other page.

Didn't Ellegirl come before Teen Vogue as well? I think its sad, there is nothing like that at all in the Uk now, apart from imported American Tenn Vogue.

I haven't been an avid reader of Ellegirl..but completely depending on an website to draw more people in the market doesn't seem to be a wise move to me even if considering teen's tendency to dwell the internet...
off-line resources always have an unique appeal IMHO..maybe that's one of the reasons why e-books have not been as successful as some had predicted when they first came out...?

cosmocat said:
Didn't Ellegirl come before Teen Vogue as well? I think its sad, there is nothing like that at all in the Uk now, apart from imported American Tenn Vogue.

Yes, there really is no fashion-forward magazines for teenagers in the UK. It's actually the internet that has killed these magazines (Ellegirl, J17)..... Hate to point out the obvious but teens can now go onto various blogs, forums (such as TFS!), online-zines for up to date fashion advice, ideas etc.......

susie_bubble said:
Yes, there really is no fashion-forward magazines for teenagers in the UK. It's actually the internet that has killed these magazines (Ellegirl, J17)..... Hate to point out the obvious but teens can now go onto various blogs, forums (such as TFS!), online-zines for up to date fashion advice, ideas etc.......
Dont you mean J-14?
Ugh. I wonder what magazine will replace it. I dont want a repeat of the YM incident where I got 2 TeenVogues a month. I dont know though, since I get about every teen magazine thats good. :(

^I'm not certain, but I think that J-17 is a totally different mag, UK based and a whole lot more risque than the super sweet J-14

I love Teen Vogue, but Elle Girl equally because I feel they are different. Teen Vogue is much more high fashion and revolves mainly around "it" young celebrities and socialites. Elle Girl seems to be its "punkier" sister with articles on girls who defy gender roles (skydiving, race car driver, breakdancer, anyone?) and highlight on a lot of indie artists and clothing labels. I will REALLY REALLY REALLLLLLYYYY miss Elle Girl. :( I should've seen this coming when they started offering subscriptions to the digital version! Except they advertised it as "get it before it comes in the mail!". UGH, what a lie!

That sucks so much--ElleGirl was one of the best "teen" mags, the only one I actually liked or tolerated. It was very fashion-forward. Different than the others. I'll miss it!

I'll be missing it. Teen Vogue and ElleGirl were the ones I read, and while I had a subscription to TV and not EG, EG was slowly but surely becoming my favorite. I'm pretty sad about this, not going to lie.

I love ElleGirl, the eds were great and so much better than Elle. I usually buy it over US vogue or teen vogue... very sad

i will miss sharing the eds with everyone. :(
& they featured my zine once! it's partly why i'll love ellegirl forever.

I used to LOVE Elle Girl, and then it became boring to read. IMO, Teen Vogue is a much better "teen" magazine.

Elle Girl used to be great, but it started to get boring. And then the editor (Brandon) left, and it could have been a great chance to 'revive' the magazine, but eh, what are you gonna do?

I am sad. This is the only mag I bought religiously. The rest of the magazines I love one can't find in my country : /

edit - I really don't like their website, at all. If they're moving to online only, they should start from scratch - just my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna miss ElleGirl. It was one of the few magazines that I actually liked. I was so dissapointed whem YM folded and now ElleGirl? I've probably read most of the teen girl magazines out there (YM, Cosmo Girl, Teen Vogue, Ellegirl, Teen People.. etc) Most of the other ones were all about why I can't get this guy to think I'm cute or something like that.

I really liked Elle Girl. I guess I'm gonna have to go buy a Teen Vogue next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onetwo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->