Elle vs Heidi: Who is "The Body"?

cosmogrl5

Fashionably Late
Reaction score
This is too funny. I actually thought the same thing when I saw Heidi's commercial. I was like, "Elle is "The Body"!" :lol:

Heidi Klum and Elle Macpherson care about weird things
Splash News

Heidi Klum and Elle Macpherson are in a strange supermodel battle over who gets to be called "The Body." Elle has been known as "The Body" since a Time magazine article in 1986 called her so, but this week Klum has been ad campaigning for Victoria's Secre'st new bra and says in a commercial: "They call me The Body - and now I have a bra named after me."
"We saw that and were like, Oh my god!" Elle Macpherson Intimates spokeswoman Melissa Edwards told Lowdown yesterday. "We were initially flabbergasted." Now it's a battle of the supermodel moguls — Macpherson, the 42-year-old, 6-foot Aussie mother of two, against Klum, the 33-year-old, 5-foot-9 mother of two (with one on the way). Elle's flack, Edwards, invoked the 1986 Time cover and added: "We have numerous press clippings in the office referring to her as 'The Body.' Everything from Harper's Bazaar to Vogue to the recent Sports Illustrated calls her that. In terms of public record, that name belongs to Elle."​
If you look this good at 42 then you deserve to be called whatever the hell you want. The Body? Sure, whatever. Princess Mimi of the Galactic Federation? Why not? You've earned it.
More NSFW pictures of Elle hanging out topless

Source: thesuperficial.com

Last edited by a moderator:
'the body" seems like a stupid nickname since all models have amazing bodies.

that said, i think elle's body is nicer; heidi's hips are a tad wide.

I think they are both annoying,but Elle's less. I can't stand Heidi Klum, she is the stereotype of a model - and not in a positive sense.

I think that Elle's nickname was "the Body" first but if it has to be someone new then Heidi is perfect.

chicsassy7 said:
I think that Elle's nickname was "the Body" first but if it has to be someone new then Heidi is perfect.

Why give it off to someone new when "The Body" still has "The Body" ? :D

Oh yes, that's true, didn't think of that...Elle became a semi-super in the 80s, Heidi became that in the Nineties after grunge.

Well I don't care about 'the body' but Heidi def. has 'the face'.=

Elle looks like a man.

Wasn't Naomi "The Body?" Since when did both of those girls get that nickname?

Btw I choose Elle since Heidi really looked flattering on the last VS. Not.

Validation! Ha! This is exactly what came to mind when I saw the Heidi commercial!

The first thing I thought was: "Isn't Elle Macpherson The Body ?!?"
Since when have people been calling Heidi The Body? She's got great legs, they should call her 'The Legs'. But The Body? No, that title definately belongs to Elle...it was her name from the beginning and she's still got the goods.

My admiration for Heidi has waned since she became commercialized :doh:
I know it's just a 'name' and that everyone's got a great body, but this title has always been stuck on Elle so shame on Heidi for trying to use it.

cosmogrl5 said:
when I saw Heidi's commercial. I was like, "Elle is "The Body"!" :lol:

:lol: me too. i actually gave my sister a shallow explanation about why elle was originally named the body.

Uh, Christy Turlington Pwns both of them. Elle and Heidi (especially Elle) are both totally blah.

Yes i heard Elle been called "the Body" through many years by many magazines so its silly like this whole story that was blown out by the media of course!

Elle is 'The Body'
Every single time her name is mentioned it's in the form of :Elle "the body' Machphereson.
I never knew Heidi was also nicknamed the body, and quite frankly, it's a little pompous of her to go on commercial explaining to the world her amazing body and how everyone loves her body so much they named a bra the body and so it must be about Heidi Klum.
This is not going to win her any points with the average woman in america.
not to mention, if anyone on the victoria campaign should be The Body, it's Giselle motherfrickin Bundchen.

Sooo.......... is there going to be some sort of lawsuit because of this? :P

Elle
elle.jpg
elle1.jpg

elle2.jpg

She's like 40 something and look at new candids of her body! And Heidi's body I find weird, especially after pregnancy....

celebnation

Elle has an amazing body....
but unless she trademarked the name then I guess it's up for grabs....
and I imagine VS has trademarked it for their new bra so....

The same thought came to my head when I saw the commericial too... which brings forth the question: Does the Victoria' secret commerical shoot her entire body? Both Heidi and Elle have given birth to two kids and IMHO, Elle did and still has "the body." From what I remember it's from the waist up. I always half pay attention to the television when commerical are on so I wondered if they did in fact show her entire body. :huh:

No, they didn't show Heidi's entire body in the commercial....
because I think she's pregnant in it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->