Elle vs Heidi: Who is "The Body"?

When I hear "The Body" I think of 2 people

- Elle McPherson

- Jesse "The Body" Ventura

i remember a victoria's secret executive (i forgot the name but nina garcia reminds me of her) calling heidi "the body" so that's probably where it started (at VS that is). i've always associated that brand with elle macpherson as well. i have to say it's really trivial though. both have great bodies and that's the end of it.

Ugh gross to both of them. I think most people know since Gisele first hit the runways that her body was unprecedented. Elle is a fitness magazine has been. Heidi is a never has been. (VS aside)

elle has a better body than heidi... at least imho... i think heidi's body nowadays is ok... doesnt heidi have lovehandles? sometimes heidi doesnt look that tall and her legs are ok looking...

i always though heidi was just known as "the legs" or something like that.. hasnt she gotten her legs insured? for like a million dollars each leg?

elle is "the body"..

i always though heidi was just known as "the legs" or something like that.. hasnt she gotten her legs insured? for like a million dollars each leg?

Yeah, I think one leg is, like, $1.5 million and then the other leg is only $1 million because she has a scar on it (apparently a scar takes off half a million :lol: )

Elle's always had the name "The Body". That's what Time magazine called her since the 80's. Heidi shouldn't steal her nickname, when Elle had hers since 20 years ago. Actually, I personally think that she has a better body than Heidi, despite that she's 10 years older than Heidi... At 6 ft, she looks great at the candids posted by lemeray.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw that commercial I had to do a double take to see if it was really Heidi talking or if it was actually Elle. B/c when I hear 'the body' I think of Elle. I've never heard Heidi called that. Not that she shouldn't be called that; her body is amazing. But its definately Elle's title.

who is......"The Body"?

"It seems Elle Macpherson has her panties in a wad now that Heidi Klum has begun promoting the Victoria Secret bra "The Body" named after Heidi. Elle is sure the name belongs to her since numerous magazines referred to her as "The Body" in the late 80's. "We saw that and were like, Oh my god!" Elle Macpherson Intimates spokeswoman Melissa Edwards told Lowdown yesterday. "We were initially flabbergasted." [Source]
Honestly Elle, is it really worth getting all upset over this? Sure, perhaps you were "The Body" once upon a time. Heidi is obviously "The Body" now! There is no one that deserves the title more. So, post your magazine clippings to your refrigerator and let's move on!"

I think these oldies need to relax and hand the title to the real body, Gisele Bundchen of course!!!!

text from: www.Perpetuallysarah.com

i would never call Heidi the body, she's completely lost it....

i think the whole thing is trivial, but that nickname is elle's and i do not see why heidi should go and steal it.

I have to step in.

First of all, Heidi did not call herself the "body". The press gave her that nickname when she debuted on the VS fashion show. The name has stuck ever since. Also as far as the commecial is concerned, Heidi is merely following a script.

Since when did Elle patent the term "body" anyway? Nowadays it's used for many models like Gisele, who I question because she has no waist or hips. Anyway, it seems Elle's camp needs a little publicity since she hasn't done a thing in years.

I prefer Heidi's curvy hips and bosom over Elle's streamlined, athletic build.

Attachments

• v2310908ri.jpg
    v2310908ri.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1
Update

MacPherson drops Klum lawsuit plans

Divine intervention has prompted Elle to drop her plans to file a lawsuit against fellow supermodel Heidi Klum over her use of the title "The Body." MacPherson has used the nickname since it was used to describe her in a 1986 Time magazine cover story and was irked to discover that Klum recently called herself "The Body" in a TV commercial. However, after being influenced by the teachings of the Dalai Lama, MacPherson has decided to let the whole thing go. "A few people have made me stop in my tracks and the Dalai Lama would be one of them," the supermodel said. "It's no big deal for me. She can have it."

source: celebritynation

i'd say daniela pestova and naomi campbell...

I think that the nickname should go to who had it first, and that's Elle.

In all honesty, neither of them have a body beautiful enough to be called THE body if you ask me :innocent:

If I were bestowing the title it would go to Naomi Campbell, hands down. Her body is as close to perfection as the female form has gotten so far... too bad she has that face.

My bet's still on Claudia :smile: IMO, her body's better than both of their's. Gisele's got a great bod (nice stomach, long legs) but she doesn't really have shape on her upper body....other than that, Gisele' great.

texastess said:
When I hear "The Body" I think of 2 people

- Elle McPherson

- Jesse "The Body" Ventura
And Jesse has Elle beat by 10+ years of usage.

"A few people have made me stop in my tracks and the Dalai Lama would be one of them," the supermodel said.

So the Dalai Lama is getting involved in this issue now? What, was he sifting through VS catalogs and fitness magazines? "Well, Heidi has great legs but Elle has a kick-*** stomach" :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->