Elvis Costello

Not Thinking About Time
Reaction score
I thought he would have a thread but I did a search and it did not show up.

So I just love his music I think that he is a brilliant lyricist :heart: I have just been listening to him non stop this week.
Elvis-Costello-This-Years-Model.jpg

pic wikimedia

seriously..no elvis thread?!?...
shocking...!!!>>>!!!>>>!!!...

:glare:...

PUMP IT UP!!!...:mohawk:...

Armed Forces is possibly my favorite album of the 1970s (and that is saying something). I love his newer music as well he has not gone down hill like a lot of artists that have been around for over 30 years.

ELVIS COSTELLO!!! one of the greatest musicians of all time. i hold "alison" very dear to my heart--my uncle used to sing it to me all the time (actually, he still does). but there are so many other great songs . . . blame it on cain, watching the detectives, accidents will happen. great thread. :smile:

I honestly believed that there was already a thread here! It was on my tfs to-do list to finally search for it just the other day, but it slipped my mind. :P

I've always wanted to collect all of the re-issued albums from Rhino Records, but I only ever got My Aim Is True.

As much as I love his original material (too many favourite songs to list), for some reason I think his interpretations of other artists' songs are some of his best stuff. He is perhaps one of the few musicians that consistently makes a cover song his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcBh9IgMz5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZrBw6mcSM

just to add my :flower::flower: to sophia for adding this overdue thread, i'll be sure to post something more, er, interesting, soon.

well, ok, here's this, my favorite album by him is trust.

"oh i know they got their problems, i wish i was one of them" :P

do you like the collaboration with burt bacharach? why (or why not)?

i don't hear all the songs but i like the long division, the sweetest punch and god give me strength—a lot.

I like the burt bacharach collabs because they are more loungey. Has anyone seen his tv show is it any good?

is it only seen in the uk?

i think he wd make a good host b/c he not only knows everything about music, all kinds, but he's an all-around polymath, he even kind of poked fun at himself for being a know-it-all in "my science-fiction twin" on brutal youth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->