Emanuel Ungaro S/S 2004 Haute Couture

oh no, that's all wrong, i am an ungaro enthusiast, but this is completely inappropriate. i understand why he didn't want to show outside of the house: if you had those clothes, you shouldn't leave the house either.

i just wonder who was his muse? maybe he needs a new one. these clothes remind me of a paris hilton house of style.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:38 pm
. i understand why he didn't want to show outside of the house: if you had those clothes, you shouldn't leave the house either.

:rofl: :rofl:

I actually like some of the pieces in this collection a lot, actually, no matter how pukish some of the looks were. He was obviously influenced by either Paris Hilton (*HORF*), or some (other) kind of prostitute/harlot, but I love it a lot. Those skirts/dresses were so dangerously short!

I really like the outfit posted above! I like the use of zebra and polka dot... I also liked ALL of the shoes, and the bracelets and such...

I agree with a lot of you that it's pretty inappropriate for such a renowned fashion house, though. It screams trashy, and like I said before: wh*re! :|

Definitely a surprsing collection from Ungaro...

And, to add to the comment about not leaving the house: I have to disagree with that one! Women wearing this stuff would definitely be leaving the house as FAST as possible.....to either A-go clubbing, or B-hang around by a telephone pole on the street-corner. :brows:

According to the newspaper that Hilary Alexander writes for (I always forget the name!) this is the muse:
post-19-1074720778.jpg

She is only 16!

Hilary totally praised the collection :blink: I think she is out of her mind.

Originally posted by nqth@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 12:53 pm
sth to sweeten your despair :-)
That one would be great, sans the jacket, to wear to a costume party as Madonna on the Like a Virgin album cover... :innocent:

Originally posted by mehg@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 8:03 pm
According to the newspaper that Hilary Alexander writes for (I always forget the name!) this is the muse:
post-19-1074720778.jpg

She is only 16!

Hilary totally praised the collection :blink: I think she is out of her mind.
Yikes! :\

Originally posted by Pradaromance12+Jan 22nd, 2004 - 8:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pradaromance12 @ Jan 22nd, 2004 - 8:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-nqth@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 1:53 pm
i kinda like that dress :unsure: [/b][/quote]
As do I... it's just so Like a Virgin, though!

You can't say it's not.

I NEED to be a stylist RIGHT NOW... ahhahaa

I can totally invision me styling a Vogue photo spread with a model with huge teased hair, lace gloves, white bangle bracelets nearly up to her elbows, white fishnets, white patent leather pumps, a gaudy chain belt, and that gown...

SO Madonna circa 1984 I tell you!

Originally posted by brian+Jan 22nd, 2004 - 10:55 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 22nd, 2004 - 10:55 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 8:12 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-nqth
@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 1:53 pm

i kinda like that dress :unsure:
As do I... it's just so Like a Virgin, though!

You can't say it's not.

I NEED to be a stylist RIGHT NOW... ahhahaa

I can totally invision me styling a Vogue photo spread with a model with huge teased hair, lace gloves, white bangle bracelets nearly up to her elbows, white fishnets, white patent leather pumps, a gaudy chain belt, and that gown...

SO Madonna circa 1984 I tell you! [/b][/quote]
yes i agree!

I think these clothes would be great for an Ungaro PAP show. They're young, fresh, sexy. But for couture, it just seems inappropriate. The shapes and silhouettes aren't worthy of the couture label or the couture price.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 1:13 am
I think these clothes would be great for an Ungaro PAP show. They're young, fresh, sexy. But for couture, it just seems inappropriate. The shapes and silhouettes aren't worthy of the couture label or the couture price.
I think you are abs. right :-) (although I do not know much about couture). The only thing which could not be seen here is that the prints are hand-printed. But they look like cheap chinese imitations. (I donnot mean to offend chinese people here:-)

And the "despair" was meant as "for the collection" :-) This white gown seems to be more approriate, while it is still not an Ungaro style tho.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 12:13 am
I agree SO much.

I can't see anyone spending $20-30,000 or more or any of this stuff! :/

It should've been PAP.

Ungaro is and will stay simply AMAZING! Some pieces in this collection are great, so original....Ungaro Haute Couture.....WOW :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->