Embarrassing Beauty Treatments

ChrissyM

girl who fell to earth
Reaction score
In the April 2006 issue of W there was an article about secret beauty treatments most women are loathe to discuss because they consider them to be embarrassing. I had never heard of some of the treatments that were listed; things like lower back waxing for women who love low-rise jeans, microdermabrasion on rear ends. The article also mentioned botoxed armpits to eliminate sweat.

There was also mention of the ever-humiliating hair removal procedures...
things like cheek waxes and toe waxing during a leg wax (which makes sense), and also a "bikini facial" at New York's Acqua Beauty Bar.

Feel free to discuss opinions or fess up to any other "embarrassing" or secret beauty treatments you or someone you know have indulged in :P

I find the idea of botoxed armpits interesting as a way to eliminate embarrassing sweat problems, but it is surely seen as more taboo and less feminine to get that done than to pump it into your face to prevent wrinkles... :huh:

Yea I've heard of botoxed arm pits on oscar night aswell as botoxed feet, while they seem like embarassing treatments, it's probably much more embarassing NOT to get that toe wax lol.

I wouldn't have thought toe waxing was embarassing - I have blonde hair that you can't even see but the therapist just offered it as if it was standard! Fecking painful though, I hate getting my feet/ ankles done :wacko:

yeah i think the thing about the toe-waxing is that it makes sense but people are embarrassed to actually ask about having it done along with whatever else they are doing

My mom's dermatologist told her to get her feet and armpits botoxed, but she won't do it. I didn't know that women got hairy backs though! I thought that only happened to men. :shock:

well all women have some hair on their lower back but if you have darker coloring sometimes the hair is more noticable. Botoxing feet is usually just to provide more cushioning on those who wear high heels often.

One of the weirdest procedures I've ever heard of is anal bleaching. It just seems so odd...

tott said:
One of the weirdest procedures I've ever heard of is anal bleaching. It just seems so odd...
I've heard about this twice, once on E! and once at...well, an entertainment establishment let's leave it at that. Anyway here's some info.

tott said:

i don't really understand this :huh::ermm:
what is it that is being bleached? the skin or hair or all of the above? i don't even know what to ask...:wacko:

i followed the link atelier posted but i think that may have confused me even more..
maybe i am just naive:unsure:

Meg said:
Botoxing feet is usually just to provide more cushioning on those who wear high heels often.

on another note.. how does the botoz provide cushioning? Does it make the area numb or more plump in some way?

^^ Anal bleaching is a skin bleach basically. It depends on your colouring if you have a "problem" or not; some people have a darkish hue around the anus. I guess that could be embarrassing if you're a p*rn star or something...?

it might not be botox I'm thinking of....restastylene maybe which plumps up the ball of the foot? Yes, someone please explain anal bleaching more :lol: (never thought I'd say that!)

edit: Thanks for the info tott!!

Meg said:
it might not be botox I'm thinking of....restastylene maybe which plumps up the ball of the foot? Yes, someone please explain anal bleaching more :lol: (never thought I'd say that!)

edit: Thanks for the info tott!!
Why would you want to pump up the ball of your foot?:blink:

It acts like a built-in cushion... And it's collagen. We've been discussing this a couple of years ago or so. I did a quick search but didn't find anything...

Plump, not pump btw. :wink:

i read the article in W too, and i wasn't at all surprised by these treatments. it actually surprises me that so many people haven't either. like lower back waxing on women...i know plenty of people with dark hair and certain types of european background (like italian) that just get really hairy, and that kind of thing is necessary. it's not like they look manly otherwise, or like there was anything they could do to prevent it...it's just in your genes. the same goes for any type of waxing.

anal bleaching, on the other hand...:blink:

tott said:
It acts like a built-in cushion... And it's collagen. We've been discussing this a couple of years ago or so. I did a quick search but didn't find anything...

Plump, not pump btw. :wink:

Yea that's basically it, like those Dr Scholl cushions built into your foot.

cosmogrl5 said:
My mom's dermatologist told her to get her feet and armpits botoxed, but she won't do it. I didn't know that women got hairy backs though! I thought that only happened to men. :shock:

you are obviously not of mediterranean decent. :innocent: Name a place that a woman can have hair, and I do have hair there. Thank god, I got my mother's light haired genes. My arm hair is about as long as an old italian man's but thankfully it's so light you can't tell.

I don't to any embarrassing hair removals though because it's only noticeable if you're looking for it.

Ok girlies, and hombres I've got the scoop on anal bleaching lol...

Well basically without getting too graphic, you see that darker ring of skin around the hole...they bleach that area until it becomes the same colour as the rest of your butt. I saw it on TV last night... I don't see the point unless you're a p*rn star or you partake in anal, but yea apparently it's really poular and there's a salon called 'Pink Cheeks' LMAO.

oh wow...
anal bleaching....
who knew? i can't believe people actually get that done, or that the color of that area would matter... or i guess i can believe it... crazy

^Yeah, I saw a segment recently on one of those celebrity/lifestyle shows, like Access Hollywood or Extra..they actually showed a client sitting doggy-style on a table, while the esthetician painted the bleach in the target area..You must be really really high-maintenance if you get this done..

Ive heard of people doing microdermabrasion on their behinds..gets rid of embarrassing stretchmarks..:innocent:

And speaking of waxing..At the day-spa I just got hired at, Ive heard of MALE clients coming in & asking for bikini-waxes & booty-waxes as well..Huh? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->