Emerging Fashion Photographers ... (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
MODERATOR NOTE:
Guidelines for this thread:

We can focus on those young/newer fashion photographers who don't (yet) have the big dollar editorials in the major fashion magazines. The lesser known ones who show their own style and vision.

Please provide some images of their work and any other information you migh have about them, when adding their name to thus group.

If you are a member who is a fashion photographer, you should post your work here: tFS Fashion Photographers - Share Your Work. Before Posting, please read Post #1

Please use the search function to make sure there is not already a thread for the photographer and if there is, post it there.

If the photographer has been published in mainstream fashion magazines ....like Vogue, Elle, Bazaar etc. or their name is commonly known, then they don't belong here ... they are already established as a well know fashion photographer and probably have their own thread.

And, as always, make sure you images and quotes are properly credited ... without links.

I have no idea if I can open a thread for that... I know there are onto here some threads for "young" photographers... But where are they?
it recently hits my mind that Mario Testino works for more than 10yrs, same for Terry Richardson, Nick Knight, Juergen Teller, Paolo Roversi etc.
I don't know that much about Fashion Photography History and perhaps fashion photographers holds the market a very long time... but now things and society have changed and things go quickly etc. so why when we see models changing every 2seasons and designers doing the game "de la chaise musicale"... why Editors and Photographers hold so good the press market?
this thread I'm opening is more focusing on photographers but I could do the same for editors...
then maybe I don't pay attention to young photographers (and editors) but honestly these are always the name I see into magazines' editorials... and I'm really bored about it...

so where are they? who are they? what's their style? who will take Marios' (Sorrenti and Testino) place? Terry's place? Stevens' place? etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
by the way... this is only about fashion photographer (i don't know if they like to be called like that) and of course you can introduce young photographers you've noticed in "indie" or big magazines, fanzines etc.
or link me to their thread or sites etc.

I'll jump in first:

I'd like to point out that we have a tremendous group of fashion photographers (most are unrecognized) right here. And I'm noticing that what I'm seeing is getting better lately!

Next, I'd like to cite the Surface Magazine, Avant Guardian issue that they put out every year. It's competition for emerging fashion and editorial photographers and they pick 10 of the best and each gets an editorial in this yearly issue. It's a huge honor and you will see very creative stuff here.

And, for those of you who don't know ... our own francesca is one of the winners in the last Avant Guardian competition. Look for some of her images on the Avant Guardian site here .. then click on her link .. the lower left image. Oh, and the others are great too... this is always a great source for the new talent in photography.

in brazil, gui paganini and henrique gendre are doing a good work in new fashion publications. gui paganini does in the last season a lots of ads for big designers here.

Do you have images or a link for us to see?

Getty Images also has an interesting site on new photographers that is quite intriguing as well. http://corporate.gettyimages.com/marketing/np/2007/usa/index.asp?n=about&page=about. Lots of images from the noted photographers are posted elsewhere on the site.

Here is a list of the photographers in the 2007 New Photographers forum:

Ricardo Barcellos
Bela Borsodi
Timur Celikdag
Dean Chalkley
Annie Collinge
Livia Corona
José Pedro Cortes
Popel Coumou
Giovanni Del Brenna
David Ellis
Cao Fei
Peter Funch
Daniel Grizelj
Koen Hauser
Felipe Hellmeister
Milo Keller & Julien Gallico
Nienke Klunder
Karel Kuehne
Lacey
Félix Larher
Simon Lekias
Sonja Mueller
Matt Nighswander
Holger Pooten
Nicholas Prior
Baerbel Schmidt
Stratis & Beva
Emma Summerton
Alex Tehrani
Phillip Toledano
Martin Wolf Wagner
Ofer Wolberger
Danwen Xing
Txema Yeste
Zoren Gold & Minori

i'm really happy you like this thread and thanks BetteT for changing the title... it's true it's better.

Here is a scandinavian (i don't know if he's swedish or from Normay) photographer I've discovered in Crash, theblowup magazine. His name is Marcus Palmqvist
Going through his online portfolio, I've discovered he works, too, for Bon, Fashionleftover, 20ans, Lula etc.

I really like him... so here are 2 or 3 photos

model : Matthias
theblowup

theblowup

all from http://www.marcuspalmqvist.com/

^Cool. For what it's worth, his name really sounds Swedish :wink:

Theres a lot of budding photographers on sites such as Xanga, Blogger and Live Journal. They post amazing photos on their blogs! I cant think of any in particular but just search for photographers and there is so much young talent!

^^ I love the last one. Hopefully, he'll have a big career before him.

ERIC GUILLEMAIN New photographer

Discovered in Surface magazine "Avantguardian issue", November 2007.

image1ti7.jpg
image2dl0.jpg

He's got a great eye ... and lights beautifully. This is a photographer that we should keep our eye on, IMHO. Thanks for posting!

Yes I definitely love him. this young photographer is shooting all the coolest models . Always with this natural approach, little make up, natural hair, minimalist stylism and a beautiful light : the model is just natural and beautiful in front of the camera. I really love Eric Guillemain's style !
and I love his casting : Siri, Egle, Tanya, Agyness, Ruslana, Vlada... beauties :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->