Eminem to call it quits

vix123

Reaction score
11:00 AEST Sat Jul 16 2005
AFP

CHICAGO - Rap star Eminem feels burned out by his success and will probably make his final concert appearance in Ireland on September 17, associates told a US newspaper on Friday.

The sources said his latest album "Encore" was also likely to be his last before Eminem starts a new career as a music producer, the Detroit Free Press newspaper reported.

"Em has definitely gotten to the level where he feels like he's accomplished everything he can accomplish in rap," said rapper Proof, Eminem's stage partner said. "He wants to kick back and get into the producing thing."

"Why not bow out while you're on top?" said Proof.

Eminem, whose 2000 album "The Marshall Mathers LP" sold 9.8 million copies, has now made eight albums since 1999. He had three top 10 releases in 2002.

Many of his songs have been blasted for their explicit lyrics but the rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, still has an international army of followers.

His current tour is scheduled to finish in Dublin on September and the Free Press quoted unnamed associates as saying it would be his last concert for the 33-year-old.

The report quoted the rapper's manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying there was "no official decision" about the future. His Interscope Record company also declined to comment.

But Rosenberg acknowledged that changes were likely and that the latest record was "certainly the cap on this part of his career". Other partners and rappers were quoted as saying that Eminem wanted to move away from performance to become a producer and what the newspaper called "star-maker."

Source: ninemsn.com.au
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=55559

Smart move, however Eminem is a very smart man. No sarcasm. He really is a talented business maneuverer.

However, I can't say I will miss hits like *** Like That.

^_^ I still want to marry you sweetie ^_^ hehehe it would send my dad into a heart attack :lol: i think Eminem needs so time out

^ Agreed. Personally, I'm already there! I've enjoyed some of his stuff, but it is rather monotonous at this point. Smart move, Em :flower: Unless you can come up with a new approach. Hmm.. :magic:

how sad. i am really going to miss his mysoginistic and homophobic rantings. of course, there are plenty of new rappers to take his rantings to even a cruder and more regressive level.

lunabella said:
how sad. i am really going to miss his mysoginistic and homophobic rantings. of course, there are plenty of new rappers to take his rantings to even a cruder and more regressive level.
Precisely.

I was semi considering Eminem as an artist but *** Like That, please, that video and song were so absurd, clearly half ***ed and as usual he has to insult someone because I guess he feels that he has to. He is not an artist, just some guy from the trailerparks who people hailed as genius. Reinvent yourself, Eminem, what about Skittles? It would make you gay friendly.

:lol: luna! I for one am :not: gonna miss him. Good riddance.

TheSoCalledPrep said:
Smart move, however Eminem is a very smart man. No sarcasm. He really is a talented business maneuverer.

maybe he's just realised his fame is starting to wane, best to get out while it's still warm

TheSoCalledPrep said:

2nd. too bad he kills his talent as a poet with stupid pop crap like that.

thank god for that!
i cant believe anyone actually paid for his music in the first place though... i mean really
his latest song is the pitts... something about an '*** like that' sorry but :sick:
eminem is a loserrrrr

TheSoCalledPrep said:
'

That was a hit? B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->