Emmanuelle Alt - Stylist

who makes the white studded jacket? tia!

Balmain from Fall 2009/10

00450m.jpg

Style.com

It must be so cool being her daughter (even if I still don't like her name:P). Imagine attending all these shows front-row, having the coolest outfit at school and having Emmanuelle Alt waiting for you outside your school when your day is done...

i don't know if anyone else has noticed this but she never carries a bag, not even a clutch
the VP team aren't into bags to be fair, Carine once said in a video that she doesn't like bags either, and if she were to pick one she'd pick a man's soft briefcase or a small clutch

^^carine does say that a lot! hahaha i think she kind of likes it, that she isnt into "it bags" like everyone else.
plus, when she does like/carry one, it makes it more important, no? she must really like it then (i.e: chanel chain bag, lv clutch, mcqueen boite...)

when loic prigent interviewed carine and emmanuelle about the collections he used to ask what things were they carrying in their hands, pockets, and why never a bag.

the answer was always a blackberry, their sunglasses, and maybe keys or the invitation to some show.

carine said: i have a car, so i don't need a bag

OMG ALERT! Look at what Garance Doré just posted on her blog!!

It’s true that Emmanuelle Alt is mysterious. … That she’s beautiful, so Paris and responsible for some of my most favorite fashion moments, whether it’s from a series of photos, a collaboration with a designer, or simply one of her outfits.

I love her style. I love that one of the biggest stylists of our generation is so unique in her simplicity. And on top of that, she’s been like for a while now ! It definitely hit me one day. I was perusing around on Fashion Spot*, and I found this :

emmanuelle-alt-ab.jpg

It’s from when she worked for 20 ans**. It was quite a while ago, and I find that you get the essentials of what marks her style today from her 10 favorite style accessories. Sparse, simple, sexy. Very Emmanuelle, you know? Except for the fact that she doesn’t smoke anymore. How cool is that?

It really inspired me.

Bonne journée!

———

* How do you not know Fashion Spot? It’s the site with THE fashion junky forum, a gold mine for who can’t get enough of fashion editors, it-shoes, and raucous debates on runway shows. And even Emmanuelle goes to it. She told me that when she needs to find an old editorial of hers, it goes a lot faster to look for it on the site rather than look through her own archives!

** 20 ans first version, (ahhahahaaaa!!!!), the beloved magazine of all the little frenchies from my generation. This magazine was totally our drug!!! I remember locking myself in for hours to read it cover to cover, oh man I loved it so much.

PS: And on top of everything, Emmanuelle is super funny. I know. La life just isn’t fair. Always gets us in the end. Oh goodness. Big hugs!
source: Garance Doré
there was that old interview of hers on the post too, but the image came from this thread so i didn't copy it

Hello Emmanuelle darling! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
how cool:blush: i knew that a lot of fashion people and models wore reading tfs
she looks gorgeous in that Rick Owens jacket.^_^

* How do you not know Fashion Spot? It’s the site with THE fashion junky forum, a gold mine for who can’t get enough of fashion editors, it-shoes, and raucous debates on runway shows. And even Emmanuelle goes to it. She told me that when she needs to find an old editorial of hers, it goes a lot faster to look for it on the site rather than look through her own archives!

** 20 ans first version, (ahhahahaaaa!!!!), the beloved magazine of all the little frenchies from my generation. This magazine was totally our drug!!! I remember locking myself in for hours to read it cover to cover, oh man I loved it so much.

PS: And on top of everything, Emmanuelle is super funny. I know. La life just isn’t fair. Always gets us in the end. Oh goodness. Big hugs!

Garance seems to have taken this bits down. i don't see it on her website anymore.

Wow the Rick Owens is simply divine..... and how fabulous to hear that she reads the forums!

wow, didnt know she comes on here! pretty awsome to know.

She looks so beautiful in that Garance Doré shoot.
And Hi Emmanuelle ! It's awesome that so many people are reading TFS !

Garance seems to have taken this bits down. i don't see it on her website anymore.

you are right!!! she did remove it!!
why would that be? it's not like she gave tmi, right? that was a rather innocent comment. good thing i was quick to copy it then :wink:

you can Guarantee Emmanuelle comes in here, Emmanuelle's thread is the most active in Behind the Lens, Thanks for Sharing :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disruptivefashion
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->