Erté - Illustrator, Designer, Legend

utopia

ingenue
Reaction score
one of my very favourites. fashion illustrator/designer/set designer/costumer designer, and I think his fashion illustrations are gorgeous. :heart:

kingsfavorite.JPG
earlygreen.JPG

bendel.jpg
earlydirectoire.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
absolutely gorgeous, utopia!
i love the last lady in your first post!

Attachments

• AF50016.jpg
    AF50016.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 16
They're so beautiful! I like them, they seem drawings of clothes from different ages and places...

i was going to start a thread for this....so glad you did utopia...thank you!!...erte is one of my favourites from a very young age...:heart:

i remember very clearly coming to manhattan with my mom and going to a gallery in soho that only carried his work...(it's gone now..see the thread on the death of soho.. :( ..)...

but what struck me was his name...
it's his INITIALS....R.T. ...pronounced in french ER TE...

i just thought that was so clever...^_^...

I LOVE Erte's work! So beautiful and unique.....I remember my father liking his work and seeing some of it when I was a child.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :heart: :heart: :heart:

i absolutely love erte! i have a book on him i purchased from a thrift store and it was wayyy too much money but i had to have it because he had such amazing drawings! i'll post some more pics otherwise i'll scan some in. i love the art deco and the color combinations he used..i also adore the styling of the croquis--so glam and femme fatale! i love the post with the red balloons-or whatever they are.!!!!!!!!!!

:D Oh, thank you so much Utopia, for starting a thread about erte, and for posting pictures I haven't seen before. Erte is one of my all time favorites too.
When I was younger I got an erte calendar for my birthday, and after the year was over I took it apart and hung all the pictures on my wall. Which now that I think about it, seems pretty ghetto, but at the time it was awesome. :heart:

erte_devotion.jpg

erte_symphony_in_black_from_at_the_theatre.jpg

erte_asian_princess_suite_bamboo.jpg

erte_coming_of_spring_circle.jpg

photos: HerndonFineArt.com

erte_faubergsthonore.jpg

photo: ArtBrokerage.com

ebony.jpg

salon.jpg

birdcage.jpg

photos: Erte.com

oh...the one with the black dog that spike posted is one of the first ones i remember...
so many good ones..thanks everyone...:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annasaurus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->