ES by Sadaharu Hoshino

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
In a nod and a wink and a bow to Comme des Garçons and Undercover, Paris-based Sadaharu Hoshino continues his native Japan's preoccupation with all things deconstructed. The exposed seams, dangling threads and other inside-out details of his ES label make for yet another provocative but sexless contrast to the skirt-hiking, cleavage-baring mindset of his adopted country. A graduate of Bunka, Japan's most prestigious fashion school, and the Institut de Mode Francais in Paris, as well as a former design assistant to Alexander McQueen—who bestowed him with the American Express Innovation Award in 2001—Hoshino is doing his part to push fashion ever forward. Available in London at The Pineal Eye, 49 Broadwick Street, +44 (0) 20 74 34 25 67, and in Tokyo at Ginza Komatsu, 6-9-5 Ginza, chuo-ku, 104-0061, +81 3 3572 51 51.

from hintmag

its diffucult to really see this properly for the pics - nice colours tho'. I wouldn't say the Parisiennes are as partial to skirt-hiking and cleavage bearing as the Brits or the americans......

i know...i really want to see more pictures...
from what i can see...i'm interested in more...
but i just found this...if anyone has anymore pics...please post...:flower:

Seems very interesting Softgrey, I'll try if I can find more of his work.

sadaharu.jpg
Hoshino's collection, called Life, was based on the idea of unfinished clothes and contrasted exquisite tailoring techniques and hand-sewn finishing with raw-edge hems. Fastenings and cuff-links were made from needles, thread and miniature pin-cushions.
One suit was made from thousands of quarter-inch strips of grey cotton and charcoal suiting sewn together to create a unique pinstripe; another was re-made from a charity shop, brown chalk stripe man's jacket and worn with a broderie anglaise top.

McQueen, 31, three times winner of the British designer of the year award, said: "Sadaharu's collection hit me the minute I walked into the room.

"He is not replicating anybody else's designs. He has his own vision. His technique and his attention to detail is the way fashion is going in the future." (telegraph.co.uk)
p-n-hoshino.jpg

p1-hoshino.jpg

es.gif

c_es.jpg

some more

180801.jpg
46180102.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
woah...thanks perlefine and runner...

i think it would be good to se each piece on it's own...it's hard to see each piece with all the layering going on...

very interesting however...seems well-developed...

Thanks Softgrey, I love hearing about these relatively unknown designers! From the pictures I'm pretty much torn from liking it and disliking it, I like the clothing up to post #5, but the others....

yes thanks runner! I am also not sure about it, certainly not as a whole look. I like the accent of turquoise blues. I love the brolly!!!!

very interesting! i like the idea of unfinished clothes...

I really like the aloofness of the used colours. grey and blue/turquoise is a very good clear and calm (colour)combination.

yes...i agree about the colours...very fresh and clean...bright withought being colourful...very elegant...

yeay for bunka!! :clap: :clap: and yeay for sadaharu! :clap: i wonder how long japan will continue to be obsessed with deconstruction (i hope for a little while longer as ive just cut a lot of seams on my clothing!). in any case, i think i shall dig up this guy's graduation project....

you're welcome softgrey, helena

just found these.

l002.jpg
l002_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back