Evil Eye Jewelry

Oh I was wondering about the hand I saw it a few times whilst searching, so its pretty much the same?

Yeah pretty much I guess, most of them include the evil eye

from wiki
One explanation for the symbol is that it is designed to ward off the evil eye - five fingers in the eye to blind the jealous or malevolent person.

I love evil eye jewelry.
I often go to Turkey and they have the best evil eye jewelry.Even the cheap ones are nice.
Turkish evil eye is found almost everywhere in Turkey.Turks hang it on the wall in their houses,offices;women wear it as necklace,bracelet..

I have this one and i love it.
turkish_amulet_evil_eye_bracelet_2b.jpg

business-with-turkey.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Celebrities love the evil eye symbol too.

Charlotte Casiraghi
377539Charlotte_Casiraghi.jpg

Shakira
529085shakira.jpg

Kim Kardashian
594804KimKardashian.jpg

Britney Spears
255987normal_29648_britney021sandino_122_1101lov.jpg

Candice Swanepoel
41182066777_babayaga_Candice_Fox_and_Friends_08_10_2010_08_123_185lo.jpg

Naomi Campbell
770934Naomi_Campbell_2.jpg

909405naomi_campbell_testifying_at_the_hague_closeup_590bes080510.jpg

fashionspot.com
bellazon.com
X17online.com

I love Charlotte Casiraghi's evil eye bracelet...love the colour!

I used to have one my parents got during a trip to Istanbul which had 4 or 5 different colours on it...it still fits but I tend to wear it in the summer with a lot of layered leather/braided colorful bracelets...

I was given a Turkish evil eye bracelet as a gift, from family--it looks a lot like this...

15x1kcg.jpg

buyarabic.com

Didn't know they were so popular!

My dear friend picked this up for me in Greece a few weeks ago.

Pic: my own

Attachments

• evileye.jpg
    evileye.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 2
I was recently searching for evil eye on ebay and they have some most gorgeus pieces on there
most of them are made of silver and stones but seriously the are soooooo nice.
PS:I believe in that too actually. I have them hanging in my house by the main door in the living room and one in my car

I was given a Turkish evil eye bracelet as a gift, from family--it looks a lot like this...

buyarabic.com

Didn't know they were so popular!
Yes they are!:smile:
I was last year visiting my hubby family in Turkey and they have awesome evil eye jewlery:smile:These evil eyes suppose to be protecting you from bad things :smile:
I had a bracelet and is silver with glass evil eyes and some of them cracked even tho I havent really wear it so i strongly believe in that

bought this lovely judith ripka necklace as a 25th bday gift for my sister...
1049633_fpx.tif

bloomingdales.com

also comes in bracelet form... chain sort of link with the evil eye as the charm

im curious, whats the story behind the 'evil eye' :ermm:
im intrigued by the jewelery.. a lot of it is really beautiful.

my understanding is that it's supposed to ward off the "evil eye" if someone is giving you the evil eye, so to speak...
and also if you're receiving compliments/attention, to ward off the evil eye in that way as well (same way that if something is going too well something bad is bound to happen)

just a protection sort of charm really...

i'm sure there is a more sophisticated or mystical way of explaining...
i suppose we could all google it :P

OMG, being Greek, i'm so sick of them!!! They are everywhere over here and of course i own a bunch of them as it's a common gift here in Greece.

BTW, to anyone who is interested in learning about the whole superstition, the 'evil eye' is basicaly the fact of getting hurt after another person looks at you in a mean way (envy, jealousy, hate etc) or not (sometimes someone might give you a compliment or give you an intense look without meaning any harm and still give you the 'evil eye').
These charms are said that they absorb the bad luck (aka 'evil eye') that comes from the people around so it won't reach the person who is wearing it. So, there you go, hope i satisfied the curiosity of some of you!:flower:

^ Good explanation, thanks! :flower:

When I was browsing Liberty for Christmas presents a couple of weeks ago, I came across these lovely bracelets by Tai. Have a look...

aw10taix130000737-turquoise.jpg
aw10taix130000900-black.jpg
aw10taix130001470-red.jpg
aw10taix130001530-blue.jpg

liberty.co.uk

The 'evil eye' myth can also have a very scientific explanation.

I've read that the eye disperses magnetic waves, so when you are staring at a person you send the magnetic waves, which influence in a way on the person physically or not.

That's why sometimes we feel that someone's staring at us, even if that person can be behind our back.

^that's very interesting! thanks for posting, I've always wondered how you can "feel" someone looking at you.

Ohh I have one in my room that my cousin brought back from turky. :smile:
I love the symbols concerning eyes... :P

But now I'm confused... Isn't the evil eye negative and bad vibes? I saw a lot of other symbols that say they work against those things and they mention that they work against the evil eye...? Or is it pretty much the same thing as the eye of horus?

I'm half Greek so I own a lot of evil eye jewellery...ive even still got the ones gifted to me when i was born. I dont know if i 100% buy into the story, but i juuust dont feel right without.

This is the one im wearing currently: (ehe i think its cute, one of the beads is missing its eye!)

IMG00600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->