Exclusives

If a certain girl only shows up at (a) certain show(s), than it doesn't necessarily means that she has en exclusive. If could also mean that her runway appeal is so "limited" that only one designer/casting director likes her and wants to use her.

I think that some of these bloggers are as confused as many tFSers can sometimes be when it comes to the distinctions between an exclusive, a special request and a side deal made between a designer and agent OR these bloggers, either directly or as mouthpieces for agents, are boosting up their hometown girls.

I have a question about exclusives.

I remember people saying when this whole thing happened with all Prada exclusives being dropped shortly before the show two season ago that these models would not get their money for the exclusive deal since they were canceled. Makes sense because it's not guaranteed they would have done well in all of Fashion Week seeing as how they were new girls.
But what happens when a big model's exclusive gets canceled like it happened with Ana BB this season? She had a showcard for Milan but became an exclusive for Dolce & Gabbana and apparently was dropped a day before the show. Does she still get paid? She obviously would have made a lot of money if she had walked other shows!

I'm beginning to think that this whole exclusives thing is ridiculous. No one but the people on TFS even notice which model has walked in only one show and which one has been in 60 shows and the exclusives often lead to nothing.

Today vogue.it reports these girls as exclusives of F/W 2011.12

Hilary Rhoda & Isabella Melo@Givenchy
00180m.jpg
00350m.jpg

Ella Kandyba & Vasilisa Pavlova@Jil Sander
00160m.jpg
00150m.jpg

Ruby Jean Wilson (Opened), Marique Schimmel & Hailey Clauson@Yves Saint Laurent
00130m.jpg
00310m.jpg
00130m.jpg

Egle Tvirbutaite @Dolce & Gabbana
00310m.jpg

Aline Weber (Opened)@Balenciaga
00010m.jpg

Rose Smith@Chanel
00200m.jpg

vogue.it/style.com

I think vogue.it reports as exclusive not only a girl that walks exclusively for a single designer (Aline Weber & Hailey walked for several shows in Paris for ex), but also a model choosed to represent a collection (a sort of muse), that open or close or with several days of making of before the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lydia Willemina Collins
Givenchy

00370m.jpg

Andie Arthur
Miu Miu

00130m.jpg

Erjona Ala
Balenciaga

00220m.jpg

Source: COACD
Photos: Style

Was Lara Stone a worldwide exclusive for Calvin Klein in NY as usual?
And Raquel Zimmermann at Louis Vuitton in Paris?

jw menswear show exclusives (like Prada) get the same "treatment" like the girls

Semi-Exclusives

Alexander Wang

Maria Bradley (O)

00010m.jpg

Lara Mullen

00020m.jpg

Claire de Regge

00040m.jpg

Hedvig Palm

00050m.jpg

Valerija Ka

00210m.jpg

Cora Emmanuel

00240m.jpg

Altuzarra

Anna Zanovello (O)

00010m.jpg

Seems like Alexander Wang makes a habit of using newcomers to open his shows and it also seems he's succesful with it (e.g. Britt and Aymeline). Apparently Maria has a good season ahead.

^ are these exclusives, or simply the only shows they have walked so far?

Exclusives

Calvin Klein

Josefien Rodermans (O) (C)

00010m.jpg
00320m.jpg

Laura Kampman

00020m.jpg
00310m.jpg

Ros Georgiou

00030m.jpg
00300m.jpg

Brittany Burke

00050m.jpg

Carla Gebhart

00280m.jpg

style

^ Is it really confirmed that Carla was an exclusive? Because it could be a selective booking given how her career has been managed.

yes, it's confirmed, because i spoke yesterday with her from her facebook

Apparently Ondria Hardin and Magda Laguinge are Marc Jacobs exclusives. Can anyone confirm this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->