V Magazine Top 10 Models Of F/W 08.09

Speak of the devil... :wink:

04.16.08 TOP 10 MODELS OF FALL 2008: #8 DARIA STROKOUS
After a quiet start, IMG's new face is poised for a breakthrough Spring 2009.
Angus Munro checks in.

041808_DARIALx.jpg

8. Daria Strokous (IMG)
Daria is undoubtedly one of the best new girls to have arrived on the Fall/Winter 2008 scene, but this season things didn't blow up quite as huge as some had anticipated. Sometimes a slow New York season belies the storm that is Europe. And a steady start with exits for Narciso Rodriguez, Gap, and DKNY did set a platform for Milan, where she walked Jil Sander, Pringle, and Daks. Paris, although quiet, saw her star turns at huge houses like Lanvin and Givenchy, before she headed back home to finish school. With an innocent (yet totally intelligent) ingénue look to her, there's no doubt in my mind that next season this young Russian will claim her rightful place among the new runway stars.

Photography Dan & Corina Lecca
Design Jamie Richards
Oh la la for Daria, didn't see this coming. Sadly, I'm not so sure Angus is right about her just getting started. But I hope he knows something I don't. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally #8 :clap: Hope we don't have to wait that long for #7.

05.13.08 TOP 10 MODELS OF FALL 2008: #7 ANNA JAGODINSKA
The comeback kid is riding high with Vogue bookings and key fall campaigns
annaL.jpg

7. Anna Jagodinska (Next)

Anna makes this season's top ten despite not being a new girl (she took a two-year hiatus after generating quite a bit of buzz in 2005). Indeed I've booked her a few times for David Sims over the last few years, but she's included here because of her stunning Paris show renaissance. She's always been a great beauty but has now grown into her look and is far stronger—a fact that was not ignored by houses like Balenciaga, Givenchy, and Louis Vuitton. Now she's once again sitting in front of the camera for shooters like Craig McDean (for Italian Vogue), Mark Segal (for French Vogue), and Steven Meisel (for the Alberta Ferretti and Ferre ad campaigns). And there's no doubt in my mind that her first full season for Spring/Summer 2009 will see her back at the top.
Photography Dan & Corina Lecca
Design Jamie Richards

So weird... how hard would it have been to just finish the list?

In hindsight, the Annas should've been top 3. I still think Chabanenko's on the rise, she's just too good of a model not to make it, but I never understood picking Daria Strokous, and that makes even less sense now.

Oh, well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->